Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lukka up to 30 min walks now

Lukka'sma
April 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Still limps with every step but not quite as bad as before. Maybe a couple more months and she will fully recover.

Unloadin'
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSC_0426.jpg

scouting out the horizon
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/CSC_0442.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSC_0430.jpg

stop for a quick picture with daddy
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSC_0438.jpg

enough for now, legs getting tired
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSC_0440.jpg

phoozles
April 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
Lukka looks great :highfive: Great news!!!

Ford Girl
April 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
OOOOOO, thata girl! :angel: She looks beautiful, glad shes recooping. :thumbs up

diandpat
April 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Hopefully once the cold and damp go away (they are going to go away, right?:fingerscr) Lukka will be able to move with less pain.

I know my back is way worse in the winter. As a matter of fact, all my old joints were stiffer this winter.

She is beautiful :lovestruck::cloud9:

clm
April 11th, 2008, 05:57 PM
She is such a beautiful dog. Such a majestic looking breed. I'm so glad she's healing so well. I was just thinking, a pair of those dogs would look mighty nice. Ever thought of getting a second one?

Cindy

14+kitties
April 11th, 2008, 06:20 PM
:highfive: Lukka!!!!! I am so happy for her! She is such a pretty girl. :cloud9:

onster
April 11th, 2008, 06:28 PM
:highfive: awesome Luka!!

Hope it continues to get better and better :)

She's beautiful!

Tommysmom
April 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Yay Lukka! She must feel great getting back out there, eh? She looks lovely... and 30 minutes is more than my little guy can last - tell her to slow down a bit so he can catch her;).

ancientgirl
April 11th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Fantastic news. She's such a beautiful girl. What a face:lovestruck: I love her coloring too.

Frenchy
April 11th, 2008, 07:37 PM
ahhh Lukka ! :lovestruck: she's looking good. I'm with the others , this weather is not good for joints , the sun will come out soon , everything will dry , and Lukka will get better faster :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
April 11th, 2008, 09:51 PM
She's looking good, LM!! Her eyes are brighter and she sure looks happy to be outside in her wilderness with Mom and Dad... :D

I see the leg is getting shaggier, too! :thumbs up Having properly haired legs always lifts a girl's spirits! :dog:

:goodvibes: for quick healing as the season warms up!

luckypenny
April 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Wonderful news Lukka'sma! I agree with everyone else, she's most likely going to recover even faster once the warmer weather arrives :thumbs up .

And I have to add, I love her eyes. They're so expressive, especially in the second pic :cloud9: .

Shaykeija
April 11th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I am so glad she is doing better.. Waggy tails to you.

rainbow
April 11th, 2008, 10:51 PM
YAY Lukka :highfive: .....and, she looks so happy to be getting out and about. :thumbs up

otter
April 11th, 2008, 10:54 PM
:thumbs up Way to go Lukka! Healing up just in time for summer adventures I hope:fingerscr
You are looking as beautiful as ever :lovestruck:

TeriM
April 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Woohoo for Lukka :thumbs up.

krdahmer
April 17th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Way to go Lukka! :thumbs up:lovestruck: Lookin GOOD!!!

loopoo
April 18th, 2008, 12:28 AM
awww that is great to hear good news:) she is so pretty and regal i love the one with her daddy:lovestruck:

Lukka'sma
April 18th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks everyone
It's been a slow recovery for her and we still have a way's to go, we'll get there.:D

rainbow
April 18th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Yes, you will. :thumbs up :grouphug: :goodvibes:

Chase still limps occassionally if he overdoes it but he's fine after resting for a bit. :)

Lukka'sma
April 18th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Yes, you will. :thumbs up :grouphug: :goodvibes:

Chase still limps occassionally if he overdoes it but he's fine after resting for a bit. :)

Thats good to know rainbow, some people on the ortho board have told me I should get my dog checked out and re-do the surgery if she was still limping after three weeks. I just didn't know who to believe after a while.
Finally I concluded that she's better when she's better and not a moment before regardless of the success of other people's dogs with acl surgery.

chico2
April 19th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Lukka looks great,I am sure the warmer weather will help,hubby looks good too:lovestruck:you be sure to tell him that:laughing:
My back and joints sure feel better with +23C,a little warm sun works wonders!
Now we'll get to see more pics of beautiful Lukka,right!!

Lukka'sma
April 19th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Lukka looks great,I am sure the warmer weather will help,hubby looks good too:lovestruck:you be sure to tell him that:laughing:
My back and joints sure feel better with +23C,a little warm sun works wonders!
Now we'll get to see more pics of beautiful Lukka,right!!

Aw chico you crack me up, he'll be glad to hear it.:D
The funny thing is on our street there are a few widows 80ish or so and he is always doing odd jobs for them. For repayment they always bake him goodies and snacks. He loves it. Tells me if I don't take proper care of him he will go live across the street with Anne. One weeks worth of grocery shopping and she'll send him home right smartly.:laughing::laughing: He eats like there is no tomorrow.

breeze
April 19th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Finally I concluded that she's better when she's better and not a moment before regardless of the success of other people's dogs with acl surgery.

thats a great way to think lukka'sma....:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up I wish everyone had that same attatude sp?

more pictures please :D:D I am so glad she is improving day by day..:thumbs up:thumbs up