Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

TLC Pet Food

Admiral Beez
April 11th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I'm a big supporter of the food I feed my dog and cat. I feed them TLC Pet Food, see www.tlcpetfood.com. It's a great alternative to feeding RAW or homemade foods, and is not nearly as expensive as some of the other top quality foods around. Best of all it's home delivered to anywhere in North America, with free shipping. I started feeding TLC about three years ago, having switched from feeding Eagle.

TLC recently added Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Probiotics, Prebiotics, wild caught naturally preserved Salmon and Salmon Oil.

I found a promo code for TLC on coupons.com, so if you order TLC enter this code (18660-1025) at the order confirmation page for $5 off of your first order. There's another code, 18660-1525 for a free 5 lb. box of biscuits too.

I know a lot of us are feeding RAW now, but I'm really liking TLC.

Kinguni
April 11th, 2008, 04:54 PM
It doesn't look very good - http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1463&cat=all

Harley's_Mom
April 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I'd have to second that. A lot of stuff that has no benefits to your dog whatsoever.

Admiral Beez
April 18th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I saw that website too. Unfortunately, their information is obsolete or plain wrong.

Check out the TLC website and you'll see that they're corn/wheat free, include wild caught, naturally preserved salmon meal and oil, glucosamine, chondroitin, prebiotics and probiotics. The pet food site you provided doesn't list any of this information, and must referring to an old formula, or someone else's formula entirely. I wonder how often sites like that update their information?

I like the TLC food, and love the home delivery aspect. Earlier this month I was in South Carolina, and asked TLC to ship my order to my hotel instead of my house in Ontario, and it arrived across the border no problem, and for the exact same price (their prices include shipping). I thought that was pretty cool since I can't take food across the border myself.

rainbow
April 18th, 2008, 01:39 PM
TLC Whole Life Dog FoodDog BiscuitCat Food Ingredients:

Lamb Meal, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a Natural Source of Vitamin E), Potato, Chicken, Salmon Meal, Chicken Liver, Salmon Oil (Natural Source of DHA), Calcium Carbonate, Flaxseed, Whole Dried Egg, Potassium Chloride, Cultured Yeast, Kelp, Lecithin, Apple, Tomato, Chicory Root Extract, Mannan-oligosaccharides, Choline Chloride, Vitamins, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin C , Inositol, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin K,, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Minerals, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Proteinate , Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Selenium, Taurine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Probiotics, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei, Enterococcus Faecium, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum, L-carnitine, Chondroitin Sulphate, Thyme, Cassia, Anise, Chamomile, Horseradish, Juniper, Ginger, Rosemary Extract

The only ingredient I have a problem with is the Vitamin K. If it is Vitamin K1 it is the natural source and is fine but if it is Vitamin K3 it is the synthetic source called menadione sodium bisulfite complex which is banned for human consumption. It is a controversial ingredient that is linked to cancer in pets. I would contact TLC Pet Food and ask them what form of Vitamin K they use.