Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spring afternoon

Lise
April 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
This is what the gang does on a sunny warm spring day.Kat was using Happy's butt as a pillow for awhile.Spec being a goof.

ancientgirl
April 11th, 2008, 01:23 PM
They've got the life huh? I love seeing horses relaxed like that. They are lovely that's for sure.

Just a curious question here. :offtopic:
I was watching one of those animal cops show on animal planet, and they had taken some horses from someone. Of course the poor horses were starving and could barely get up. Is it really really bad for horses to lay down for long periods? I see yours are more sitting than anything. I can't imagine horses stand their entire lives, and that's what got me wondering about it. Sorry, way off topic, but I just wanted to know.

Lise
April 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM
They lie down mainly when it starts to get warmer and sunny.They never stay down for more than a few hours and usually get up and stretch every so often.Jack,my old guy went down a few times this winter and couldn't get up.That involved helping him up,vet visits,blankets and bute.He's definately happier now that spring is here.

chico2
April 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Yes,there are many horror stories on animal cops,especially from Houston where horses are often involved.
I love to see your horses Lise,they are just beautiful:lovestruck:

Frenchy
April 11th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Is it really really bad for horses to lay down for long periods?
I was wondering the same thing :o
Jack,my old guy went down a few times this winter and couldn't get up.That involved helping him up,vet visits,blankets and bute.He's definately happier now that spring is here.

poor Jack :sad:

Your horses are beauties Lise , so majestic :lovestruck: thanks for sharing.

rainbow
April 11th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I love seeing pics of your horses. :lovestruck:

:grouphug: for Jack. :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
April 12th, 2008, 01:44 AM
:lovestruck: horses :cloud9:

Spec is too funny :D

Lise
April 12th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Out of our gang five were rescues,some were abused some just abandoned.They all came through Refuge RR.This is Kat who was off the track,then bred,then dumped.That was her with Happy,the two of them are freinds.Kat came at the same time as Spec.Spec and Rio decided they liked eachother,so they're usually together.They all hang out together,but they all have their special freinds.

growler~GateKeeper
April 12th, 2008, 11:29 PM
They're all gorgeous :lovestruck:

Rio's a looker :lovestruck: just stunning colour love the blonde mane on a chestnut :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
April 13th, 2008, 04:43 PM
They all look so happy and they're all so beautiful. :flirt: I love how they all have their special friends. :cloud9: