Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So Excited!!!!

Colubridz
April 9th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Not sure if it's too early to get excited but.... only seven more weeks until Duke's very first, ever, of his life, and my life, Obidence Trial!!!!!!!

It's being held at Pine Point Arena in Etobico on May 30th. Were entered in a NAMBR sanctioned match as their are also correction matches going on that day as well as my instructer is entering one of her young Goldens I'm just so ridiculously excited.

Duke and myself are doing private trial prep classes right now and am working on proofing Duke in tons of different settings and really trying to clean up his heal and recall which for some unknown reason to myself have become very sloppy of late.

This will be my first time every handling a dog at such an event and incase you can't tell I'm a tad excited.

One delima i'm currently facing however is whether or not to enter him in Novice A or pre Novice. I have one week until the closing date and he's currently registered under Novice A but my OB instructer suggested starting him at pre novice. Though I strongly respect her opinion I feel as though Duke is more then capable of giving Novice A a good shot and worst case scenerio we don't do as well as expected and we work harder for next time. I was just curious as to what a few more experinced show goers think about playing it safe or challenging yourself plus dog when it comes to trials?

As long as I don't think of any negative experinces Duke may recieve from not going the more basic route then I do intend to try our chances at Novice A.

And just to add I finally got my camera and snapped a picture of Duke sitting pretty with his level III OB certificate.

Anyways thanks for indluging my excitement.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/exotica_reptiles16/m041-1.jpg

Cheers
Kayla

hazelrunpack
April 9th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Duke is absolutely gorgeous, Kayla!! :flirt: I don't think I've ever seen a picture of him before...

Good luck to both of you at the Trial! :fingerscr :goodvibes: How exciting!

clm
April 10th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I hope you both do well at the trial. He looks so proud sitting there in that pic.

Cindy

ancientgirl
April 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Oh he really does look proud! I wish you and Duke luck!:fingerscr

Spatx
April 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Good luck to you and Duke! He looks gorgeous in the picture, so proud of himself - which he should be! I bet you'll do great at the trial, you'll definitely have to share how it goes :D