Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Senior Blood Panels

Shaykeija
April 8th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Well, I confess...I am anal about my pets health. As some of you know, I lost Sophie to heart failure and some times HRH Missie the Poo suffers from colitis. So, I go get myself a stethoscope to listen heart beats and tummy gurgles. Quite fascinating.

So I listen to Tyra's heart, listen to HRH's heart, Piper's heart, hubby's heart and my heart. ( Drew the line at the fish heart lol) So I get worried, because Tyra's heart sounds different from HRH's. So, off to the vet we go. Tyra is fine and is having her senior blood panels done on Thursday. She weighs in at 16 pounds, so we is now on a diet. ( we both got a little fluffy this winter) The vet wants my stethoscope....

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/leoschild/ANIMALS/frogs7.gif

Vet bill $225.00 knowing Tyra is OK extremely good for my heart.

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2008, 11:23 PM
My homeopath vet said to me being knowledgable and informed is great just don't stress over it thinking everything that can, will happen, cuz it just might become a selffulfilling prophecy. Animals can sense our stress & that does affect them emotionally & physically. He then told me I do not need to read another thing on CRF in cats for @ least a year :laughing:

hazelrunpack
April 9th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I hear ya! :grouphug:

We always prefer the peace of mind we get from a vet visit to the full checking account and not knowing for sure if we don't go. :shrug: And believe me, we've had our share of false alarms! :laughing:

Setters suddenly go from being hellions to being couch potatoes at about age 3 or so. We've been fooled by it often enough to give it a name: SSMS (Sudden Setter Maturity Syndrome). Every time we have a case of SSMS, we take one of those expensive trips to the vet. :rolleyes: But as often as the Pack gets sick, we just don't want to take the chance that it's something other than SSMS. And the peace of mind we get is priceless. :o

Frenchy
April 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM
And the peace of mind we get is priceless. :o

Same here , but I'm getting better :p Wish vets could refund false alarms :sad:

:thumbs up for Tyra !

Jim Hall
April 9th, 2008, 11:47 AM
lol if vets refunded false alrms theyd go broke

my vet says she makes false alrms as easy on the checkbook as she can she would rathe see a slightly unewll pet than one who is very sick /

rainbow
April 9th, 2008, 12:22 PM
The vet wants my stethoscope....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Vet bill $225.00 knowing Tyra is OK extremely good for my heart

I've had lots of those "good for my heart" bills too. :o

Glad to hear that Tyra is okay. :thumbs up

Lise
April 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
One hundred ninety eight,for Tess throwing up this week.Xrays to check for blockages,blood work etc.Her thyroid was a little off and the vet couldn't see any reason for throwing up 4 days sulcrates before meals and she's a happy camper again.I'd rather be neurotic about nothing than miss something serious.

Shaykeija
April 15th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Well, got the phone call today from my girls bestest friend, the Vet. All panels came in great. I started to laugh because her results sounded like mine. Low cholesterol, good red blood cells, no heart, kidney, etc problems. Just a healthy little fart who barfed all over my bed last night. So my mind is at ease and I know my little love will be with me for a long time. I am happy.

growler~GateKeeper
April 15th, 2008, 02:25 AM
good to hear everything came back normal ('cept o'course the barfing :rolleyes:) :thumbs up

rainbow
April 15th, 2008, 02:32 AM
YAY....glad to hear that Tyra is a healthy little girl. :highfive: