Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What to feed?

Harley's_Mom
April 8th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hi all!
As you aware we've been having issues with our new puppy Tova. She's been having diarrhea and we've linked it to her dog food. We had her on the Wellness puppy. I've been away and my hubby's been posting on here so he may have already asked my question. Anybody got any suggestions on which is the best food to try her on? Thanks

rainbow
April 9th, 2008, 12:52 PM
There isn't *one* best dog food that is suitable for all dogs. My personal choice is a grain-free brand such as:

Orijen (www.championpetfoods.com)
Go Natural (www.petcurean.com)
Wellness CORE (www.omhpet.com)
Innova EVO (www.naturapet.com)

What formula of Wellness are you feeding her? How long have you been feeding it? Were you feeding anything different before that? If so, did Tova have diarrhea then?

jealma
April 9th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I am heading out this weekend to buy a dog food made by Nature's Valley. I just haven't decided which varity I am going to get yet. One thing I was told when I first brought Abby home was to change her food gradually if I was going to change brands. Mix it by adding 1/4 of the new to 3/4 of the old,, and increase it gradually till it is all the new food, because a quick change will cause diarrhea.

I am pretty new, so I don't know what breed your pup is or how old. Maybe you could post that info too? Good luck and if you want I can let you know how I make out with this new food.

Harley's_Mom
April 9th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I have a 12 week old Newf. We went to our local pet supply store today and got a couple of sample packs of Orijen Large Breed Puppy food. Yes, we are starting it gradually, mixing it in with her chicken and rice. I'll let you know how we make out.