Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Never Give Up Hope

Nanimos
April 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Hello Everyone,
To those of you that have not read my previous thread it was titled "Inflamed Gums=FIP?" I wish to thank all of those that replied to my post and inspired me not to give up hope of finding a cure for my kitty.:grouphug: She was finally diagnosed with Stomatitis.
My last post stated that unfortunately due to financial circumstances I was not able to get her the operation she needed since it was in excess of $2,200and I was devastated!
Since that post I would like to let everyone know that I succeeded in finding a vet that has offered to do the operation at cost!!! I think that I called every vet in the Ontario area before I found one that would help me. I now have to drive 2hours from home but to me it is worth while so long as she will no longer be in pain and I do not have to surrender her.
To anyone with a sick pet..... try everything in your power before giving up hope.

MOOSEDRY
April 8th, 2008, 03:38 PM
i'm very happy for you and your baby kitty. nice to know there are vets out there with huge hearts!

let us know of your cat's continued progress.

tracy :thumbs up

chico2
April 8th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Awww Nanimos,that's fantastic news:thumbs up
I would drive for hours if it meant saving my kitty,I am SOOO glad you found a vet willing to help:cat:
Please keep us posted,I am really happy you can keep your kitty:thumbs up

sugarcatmom
April 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Yippeee!!! That's fantastic. I've been thinking about you and how awful it would be to have to give up your kitty. I was going to post a link in your other thread, but I'll put it here instead. It's for a feline stomatitis Yahoo group, maybe someone there can give you more detailed advice on how to deal with this horrible condition: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline-Stomatitis/

Good luck to you, and do keep us updated on how she does.

Jim Hall
April 8th, 2008, 08:25 PM
thats great thanks so much for the update

krdahmer
April 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM
:pray: :goodvibes:

Love4himies
April 9th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I am so glad you got a diagnosis and vet that will help you financially. Some vets are not in it for the money, but for the love of animals.

Good luck to you!!!!!

And we would love to see some pictures;).

Nanimos
April 9th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I agree with you Love4Himies some vets are not in it for the money and actually do care about your animals health!
Thank you SugarCatMom for your kind thoughts and the link to more information on my kittys illness. I will also be posting my own new thread on what i have learned about this illness so far. I hope to help anyone out there that has a kitty that may have this illness. The sooner the diagnosis the better chance the infection will not spread into the bone which causes the kitty more pain and suffering, and is even more expensive to fix!:yell:
I am so happy that I do not have to surrender my kitty in order for her to have a pain free life!
I will keep everyone updated on her progress she will be going in for surgery this weekend.
Thank you again :D :highfive: :goodvibes: