Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Naturesvariety?????

jealma
April 8th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I live in a small town and there is not a lot of choice as to were to get my pup her food. So I am thinking of driving 35 min's to a store in another town to purchase a better dog food for her. Right now she is on Iam's but I worry I"m not doing right by her. She's a shih tzu, still a puppy but I figure if anytime is important for her to get the right food it's now while she's developing. So Please let me know if this product is worth me driving that far. I am having a bugger of a time finding a dog food that people are saying well that's not good for her.. yet no one seems to beable to tell me what to get her,, or where locally ( Small town Ontario) I can get it. THuMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN?

sugarcatmom
April 8th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Thumbs up from me for Nature's Variety. I'm more familiar with the cat food than the dog food, but it's a reputable company with quality ingredients so it's definitely worth giving it a try. Waaaaaaaaaaaay better than anything Iams has to offer. You might even want to see if the store has any of the N.V. frozen raw medallions in stock. Here's a form for a 2-for-1 coupon that you can print out and use on either the kibble or raw: http://naturesvariety.com/tryit/

luckypenny
April 8th, 2008, 09:55 AM
The Instinct looks like a better choice than the Prairie(too grainy imo). Although they can be fairly expensive, the raw medalions look even better.

jealma
April 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Thank you both very much. I didn't have any luck printing out the coupon but I'm going to give it another try. Now that I know it is a good dog food I just have to decide which one to get. That's not so easy easier, , with grain,, without grain. raw.. wow, who would have thought feeding would be so complicated :-) Abby does like liver treats. duck seems to be the most expensive, doesn't mean it's the best though