Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

German Shepherd and Standard Poodle - |St-Hubert

coppperbelle
April 8th, 2008, 07:45 AM
This morning two dogs found me. One is a German Shepherd and the other a Standard Poodle. I was just leaving work and the Shepherd ran up to my car. They are obviously very stressed about being loose. I managed to get them in my backyard.
I am going to call the SCDD as soon as they open as I cannot keep them. I am praying that someone is looking for them.

Love4himies
April 8th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Aww poor dogs. Hope you can find their owners.:fingerscr

coppperbelle
April 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Owners were found. The snow is high in one area of their yard and they got over it. Everyone is safe and sound.

luckypenny
April 8th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Great news coppperbelle :thumbs up . I'm afraid with all the snow we've had this winter, it's probably been a common occurance. We had a new fence installed last summer, and had I have known, it would have been 6' tall rather than 5' :o . Thank dog the snow is melting fast now.

diandpat
April 8th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Such good news...way to go!!!:thumbs up Phew!!!

Love4himies
April 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Wahoo, good news.

rainbow
April 8th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Glad to hear they were safely returned home. :thumbs up

Re the high snow amounts.....when we lived in Kitimat (northwest coast of B.C.) it snowed ALOT every year. We had a five foot fence and the only solution was to dig a path around the perimeter of the fence so the dogs couldn't just walk across. It was alot of extra work but the only way to keep them safe.

clm
April 8th, 2008, 01:18 PM
We had to dig around our fence more than a few times this winter too. Not just our regular fence, but the fence around the pond too. :frustrated: Had to be done to keep the puppies safe.

Cindy