Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

help my eight month puppy is sick

genevia
June 24th, 2004, 05:58 AM
My eight month old puppy is sick shes been coughing and hacking waking me up at night its like she cant breath can you tell me whats wrong with her? Shes had all her shots and eats and drinks very well plays all day it mostly at night. :(

sammiec
June 24th, 2004, 09:34 AM
It's difficult to tell what could be the problem... what type of cough does she have? Are there any other symptoms? Could be kennel cough. Here's a link that will show you some symptoms... if you're dog does have these symptoms then I recommend a vet visit for medication. Do not give your pet any human medication. Go to the vet first.

http://www.petfinder.org/journalindex.cgi?path=private/shelteroperations/nutsandbolts/sheltermedicine/2.21.15.txt

Luba
June 24th, 2004, 12:01 PM
This could be serious enough to kill the puppy pls take to the vet asap!

Spoiled
June 24th, 2004, 02:06 PM
You need to take her to the vet.

Tess
July 5th, 2004, 02:41 AM
has your puppy been around any other dogs or puppys ? did you adopt your puppy ? We just adopted ours 2 weeks ago and found out 5 days ago that she has kennel cough. We took her to the vet and she is now on meds. I also found that by putting her in the bathroom with the door shut and putting a towel over the vent and under the door, turn on the hot shower. This really does work ! just make sure your house isnt to cold afterward. I did this for a couple of days, should have been longer as the vet said very good idea. Try it and see if this helps but do take to the vet or it could get much worse.good luck !