Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why ME ???

Frenchy
April 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I'd swear there must be a vacancy sign on my house that only dogs can see :confused: I was doing spring cleaning today , didn't stop for 2 minutes , not even to eat. At one point , I saw a dog behind my fence , in the backyard. I saw him jump my fence !!!! Couldn't believe how he did that !!! So I went outside and try to approach him , he wasn't hyper but didn't look like he trusted me , so I went back up on the patio and waited , he came up , sniffed my hand (I had a cookie) and left again , without the cookie. I called animal control , kept watching the dog (mine were inside going nuts) and looking if animal control was coming (he leaves near) but the dog jumped my fence again and off he went from where he came :wall: animal control got here 10 minutes too late.

I sure hope he founds this dog , had a collar but no tags :frustrated: just been shaved / groom. He had one brown eye and one light blue eye , he looked pretty much like LP's Lucky !!!

clm
April 6th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I hope he finds his way home Frenchy. If he's good at jumping fences, maybe he's new in the neighbourhood and has tested his own fence, or maybe he's seen the invisible sign on your front yard. "All dogs welcome". :laughing:

Cindy

otter
April 6th, 2008, 09:53 PM
he's seen the invisible sign on your front yard. "All dogs welcome". :laughing:

Yup, I bet word is getting out in the neighborhood... Frenchy's place is the BEST! :thumbs up

I know around here once the snow starts to melt the doggies start to go a little crazy and there are lots more "wanderers". I think all the interesting smells, critters, etc. give rise to increased need to investigate.

I hope he made it back home safe and sound :fingerscr I'm sure he did... he had a guardian angel :angel2:(Frenchy's) watching out for him.

TeriM
April 7th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Yep, I'd say you better find those signs fast or you are in for another foster ;).

Hope the pup finds his way home :fingerscr.

rainbow
April 7th, 2008, 12:50 AM
He can't be too hungry if he refused a cookie but who would shave a dog in the winter? :sad:

Shaykeija
April 7th, 2008, 02:20 AM
aHHH They know a kind heart when they see it. lol Boy does his tail look funny....

14+kitties
April 7th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Why you Frenchy??? Cause they all know you have a huge huge heart!!!!!
(I have the same sign hung outside my door too except it's for cats) Wanna switch for a while? :rolleyes:

SARAH
April 7th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Maybe he was rescued and had to be shaved because he was all matted? The tail does look funny, like a paint brush :laughing:

Frenchy ... why is there a partial fence by your house/ patio? Is it to keep kritters away from the window? :sorry:

aslan
April 7th, 2008, 10:56 AM
If someone cut my hair to look like that i'd run away too. He probably knows how gorgeous your babies are and thought maybe you could help.

Love4himies
April 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Because doggies just know who truly love them. You have an aura over you. :angel:

Frenchy
April 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Frenchy ... why is there a partial fence by your house/ patio? Is it to keep kritters away from the window? :sorry:
I really don't know :laughing: it was there when I bought the house and I decided to leave it there :shrug:

Frenchy
April 7th, 2008, 11:15 AM
aHHH They know a kind heart when they see it. lol Boy does his tail look funny....

If someone cut my hair to look like that i'd run away too. He probably knows how gorgeous your babies are and thought maybe you could help.

:laughing: I know , it's the "lion" cut :dog:

Love4himies
April 7th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I wonder if the dog rolled in something that could not be washed out so they had to shave him?

Frenchy
April 7th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I wonder if the dog rolled in something that could not be washed out so they had to shave him?

When I got Sam out of the shelter , I brushed him for 2 hours , he still needed to be groomed. Our only groomer here only knows to shave a dog :cool: Sam had the same lion cut so I told animal control maybe this groomer would recognize this dog but he told me she had moved away. :shrug:

He also told me he was finding more dogs lately ... spring is more = mud = people dump their dogs around here.... :wall:

rainbow
April 7th, 2008, 11:32 AM
So does the animal control guy have him now?

Frenchy
April 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM
So does the animal control guy have him now?

I don't know , I only have his daughter's phone number , will call her tonight , if I can remember .... having lots of blonde moments lately :o

rainbow
April 7th, 2008, 11:53 AM
:laughing: :laughing: ...wait until the senior moments kick in too. :rolleyes: :frustrated: :D

Frenchy
April 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
:laughing: :laughing: ...wait until the senior moments kick in too. :rolleyes: :frustrated: :D

I know I know :yell:

dmc123
April 7th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Frenchy,

When you find that "vacancy" sign, would you tell me where they hid it? I am sure my outdoor cat rescues have one up...all the strays hang out here.

I just know the sign is there somewhere.

Diane

growler~GateKeeper
April 8th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Frenchy ... why is there a partial fence by your house/ patio?

:shrug: Looks like a hitching fence for horses

:thumbs up my thoughts exactly, plus he knew you were the best doggy mum around ;)

Frenchy
April 8th, 2008, 11:47 AM
When you find that "vacancy" sign, would you tell me where they hid it? I am sure my outdoor cat rescues have one up...all the strays hang out here.

dmc123 , have you looked near ground level ? :laughing:

:thumbs up my thoughts exactly, plus he knew you were the best doggy mum around ;)

It's certainly not because my yard has some interesting smell :rolleyes: he kept marking everything :laughing:

I didn't call .... I won't either. If I do , they will ask me to help find him a family and right now , I don't know anyone who's looking to adopt. :sad:

aslan
April 8th, 2008, 11:49 AM
He looks sooo pissed. he probably only ran away 'cause he saw the camera and figured he was gonna end up on facebook.

Frenchy
April 8th, 2008, 11:50 AM
He looks sooo pissed. he probably only ran away 'cause he saw the camera and figured he was gonna end up on facebook.

:laugh: :laughing:

darn facebook :frustrated:

Shaykeija
April 8th, 2008, 11:20 PM
You be the

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/piedpiper6996/pied-piper.gif

of lost doggies....

Frenchy
April 9th, 2008, 11:24 AM
You be the

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/piedpiper6996/pied-piper.gif

of lost doggies....

:laughing: Much rather dogs than rats :yuck:

Jim Hall
April 9th, 2008, 11:38 AM
sighhh i wanna live in the country and have some dogs i love DU and i am pretty contnet but i miss the country

Frenchy
April 9th, 2008, 11:44 AM
sighhh i wanna live in the country and have some dogs i love DU and i am pretty contnet but i miss the country

One day you will Jim ! And if you're like me , you will want to "upgrade" to a log cabin in the woods :cloud9: