Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

:shrug::confused:Male dogs pay no attention to bitch in heat

niryan
April 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM
My 13 month yr old Cocker Spaniel-Wired Hair Fox terrier recently went into heat for the first time and I have two male dogs but they paid her no attention:confused:Why is this?
Also I live in Barbados the Caribbean and I'd like to buy a desinger dog. Any reliable and good breeders that ship to the Caribbean that can be recommended would be deeply appreciated. Thanks

chico2
April 6th, 2008, 05:30 PM
niriyan,I am sorry,but I think you have come to the wrong place to ask such a question.
There must be plenty of stray dogs in Barbados:dog:

LavenderRott
April 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM
If she is going into heat for the first time at 13 months of age - you have a problem and should probably talk to your vet. A 13 month old puppy having puppies is like a 12 year old girl having a baby - while physically capable, certainly not mentally mature enough.

As for finding a "reliable and good breeder" to get a designer breed pup from - since no GOOD breeder would breed mutts on purpose, I doubt that you will find one. However, if you shop online, I am sure you can find someone that can be relied upon to ship you a sick pup. That is about how reliable you are going to get.