Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

vomiting/ not eating

joshaparks
April 6th, 2008, 02:58 AM
My dog vomits every two days and will not eat afterward. There are sometimes little red "bits" in her vomit. She seems happy but I'm not sure she's healthy. What could be the problem?

growler~GateKeeper
April 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Sorry your dog is not feeling well, but there is only 1 vet on this board & he still can't diagnose your dog over the internet, neither can any member here. There are way too many possibilities to even speculate.

Please take your dog to the vet. Keep us updated on her progress :goodvibes:

Dr Lee
April 7th, 2008, 04:58 PM
There are sometimes little red "bits" in her vomit.

I agree with growler to take her to a veterinarian. I thought I would address the 'red bits' comment as it is a common question among my clients. Blood will show up as two forms in vomit: 1) fresh blood. Just as it sounds - specks or drops or even sometimes volumes of red blood and 2) broken down blood, that is partially digested from the stomach enzymes and acid. This form can range from a coffee ground appearance in large amount to brownish staining. Other beautiful color combinations found in vomit are often the result of what the dog or cat ate - be it from kibble, toys, clothing, cell phones, etc...

Hope your baby gets feeling better! Keep us updated!:pawprint: