Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello

A.Krisp
April 5th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Hi there,
I am new to the site, just signed up. I wanted to use this site as a reference tool for me and my Kitten.

Abby is about 7.5 months old. She was a rescue kitten, a very sick one. She weighed just 5 oz when we got her. She is happy and healthy now, weighing almost 5 lbs.

I have 2 questions that I'd like advise on.

1) I think that she is bored during the day as she is here alone. I am thinking of getting another kitten for company/friend. I have heard that it might not be a good idea to get another female...is this right?

2) Abby is a bit of a princess, and introducing her tmy sister's cat (Rudy) did not go too well. WE think that it was because Rudy was so much bigger. I thought that getting a kitten, something smaller than Abby would be a good idea...any thoughts? thanks

badger
April 6th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Another kitten is a great idea. There's no hard and fast rule against putting two females together but since your current girl is close to adulthood and not used to sharing you, I'd go for a male. Make sure he is fixed before introducing them and the female spayed. If he is a little bit younger and close to her size, all the better. Bring him home on a Friday, so you can supervise them over the weekend, just in case there are any problems. Slow introduction please, equal attention, group play, you get the picture.
Good luck!

chico2
April 6th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I agree with Badger,it is easier to introduce a kitten to your cat and 2 cats are always better than 1,cats should come in two's:cat:or four's or six:laughing:

proudfosterdad
April 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Welcome I Have Two Cats I Introducded Them About 4 Months Apart And They First Night They Were Together They Hissed But Ever Since Then They Got Along Great :) Tigger And Shadow Are There Names