Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Horrifying online ad.....

Purpledomino
April 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Okay.....this is just making me want to freaking go ballistic. I just read this ad on Kijiji......(and I know better than to do that!)

Hello, I am looking for someone to crop my dobermans ears. If you know how to or know someone who does please get back to me asap. Thank you, Jenna

Don't worry, I've already sent away my thoughts to this poster. Absolutely disgusting and sad. :sad:

Frenchy
April 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Please report this add to kijiji admins also , I did in the past and they usually delete adds like these.

what a :loser: :frustrated:

Amee
April 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM
That's awful, I can't believe someone would post that.

Purpledomino
April 5th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Please report this add to kijiji admins also , I did in the past and they usually delete adds like these.

what a :loser: :frustrated:

Great idea Frenchy, I went and reported it. I'm so disturbed with the thought of someone considering mutilating their pet this way. It's bad enough in my opinion when a licenced veterinarian performs this. I've had Dobies, Minpins, and Great Danes....and never would consider cropping their beautiful ears. I would like to know if there would be legal consequences to the perpetrator should they try this at home. I would certainly hope so. :mad:

Frenchy
April 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I would like to know if there would be legal consequences to the perpetrator should they try this at home. I would certainly hope so. :mad:

I don't know about Alberta , but in Quebec , probably not :wall:

Frenchy
April 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Foster Nelly has cropped ears , I'm always hoping people won't think I did this to her :sad:

ancientgirl
April 5th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I can't believe she's asking for a do it yourself mutilation for her pet! I gather from this he/she isn't even S/N. She'd probably post an ad asking for someone to do THAT for her too!:loser::loser::loser: