Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spring Horses

Lise
April 5th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Spring is finally coming.Snow is finally starting to melt a little.Horses enjoyed sun. Winter coats are coming out ,so they look sort of ratty .We pulled tails this week and cleaned everybody,they stayed clean for almost an hour! Here's Jack looking spiffy in his blanket,Folly close up, Folly,Spec and Rio doing their favorite thing in the world, eating.

allymack
April 5th, 2008, 08:59 AM
oo, an hour of staying clean, that must be a world record..seems everytime i clean mine up the first thing they do when i let them out is roll in the mud:rolleyes: There adorable though :cloud9:

Love4himies
April 5th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Love looking at horse pictures. How many of hours cleaning for one hour of cleanliness?

I would just love to have a horse:cloud9:.

Lise
April 5th, 2008, 11:04 AM
With two us cleaning it took about five hours also washed Tessa and Nell only Molly remains grungy.At least dogs stay cleaner a little bit longer for now!

Love4himies
April 5th, 2008, 01:00 PM
5 hours of cleaning! :eek:

Did they at least wait until you were out of sight before they started getting dirty again:laughing:?

FancyAppy
April 5th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Our horses are filthy. Until they shed out I give up on them getting even close to clean.
What kind of horses do you have.Is the white one an Arab?I love the pics and hope you will post more. Dirty or clean, they are very pretty.

growler~GateKeeper
April 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Horses :lovestruck: Mule :cloud9:

They all look great :thumbs up I'll bet they just loved rolling in the sun today

Lise
April 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
We have five permanent Jack a bay Canadian gelding, Happy an appaloosa/westphalian gelding,Rio a shetland/welsh gelding,Arabesque chestnut arab gelding and Folly our mule.We also have Katura a chestnut standardbred mare and Speck a grey arab mare that we're fostering who are becoming too integrated in our herd to move.Ever notice the lighter or furrier or bigger the animal the more they enjoy mud.Two pyrs in kennel are like mud magnets.Grey mare and palimino pony are filthy ,dark bay and dark chestnut are walking around mud as opposed to rolling in it!And why do I have a bearded collie and a rough collie,mud mud mud oh well better than snow and it's sunny.

chico2
April 6th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Lise thank's for those pics I just love seeing horses that are well cared for and happy:lovestruck:I just read the story about the starving horses in Alberta:sad:how can people do these things to these beautiful creatures?

rainbow
April 7th, 2008, 12:01 AM
They are all looking mighty fine to me. :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Frenchy
April 7th, 2008, 11:41 AM
They look amazing Lise ! :lovestruck:

loopoo
April 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
they look just great :cloud9:

brohnson
April 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
great horses:crazy: