Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lucky my senior Border Collie X

Spatx
April 4th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Here's my other baby :cloud9: This is Lucky, he's 13 years old right now and these pictures were from the other day. He'll be turning 14 on July 7, and were hoping that he'll be around with us for a while longer. He has arthritis, so he doesn't walk around as much as he used to, but he moves surprisingly fast when he hears food :laughing: If anything, he's much more vocal than he used to be, he likes to lecture my other dog for making too much noise, running in the house, jumping on the couch... We can always tell Cody has snuck up on the couch because Lucky rats him out :laughing:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/Spatx/Dogs/lucky2-1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/Spatx/Dogs/lucky1-1.jpg

ancientgirl
April 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Aww, he's a beautiful boy. :lovestruck:

Frenchy
April 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Wow , he looks great for a 13 year old dog !! :thumbs up

diandpat
April 4th, 2008, 12:26 PM
He is very sweet looking :cloud9: I also have a golden who is going to be (God willing) 14 on June 24. Do you find that the younger dog is keeping Lucky young too? Ginger still tries to keep up to Hobo...has to take the lead whenever they are off leash in the woods. Makes me laugh to watch her running, hip checking, and passing this little terrier but she does it. :highfive:

I hope Lucky is with you for a long while longer too. Senior dogs are soooo soothing!

Spatx
April 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM
My younger dog doesn't really motivate my older one to be more active, he's never been too interested in playing though, so thats partly why. It's really funny because you can almost see Lucky sitting there saying "kids these days..." as my aussie throws his toys around the house. Once in a while I see him kissing his 'brother', but he doesn't like us to see him showing any affection :laughing: He was sharing the pillow one day and as soon as I came in the room he got up quickly and went to a different spot. Such a silly dog :rolleyes:

KimandAutumn
April 5th, 2008, 05:56 PM
He looks great for his age! The old ones really are dears, aren't they? :cloud9:

onster
April 5th, 2008, 09:59 PM
He's very beautiful :cloud9:

I love the white half of his tail, like he dunked it in some paint :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
April 5th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Lucky is very handsome :lovestruck:, looks great for 13 :thumbs up

pbpatti
April 6th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Lucky is very lucky to have yu, I see he even has his own blow up bed..probably heated too:D what a great looking guy.

rainbow
April 7th, 2008, 01:17 AM
What a handsome boy he is. :lovestruck:

loopoo
April 7th, 2008, 03:56 PM
awww hes a beauty definitely doesnt look his age :)