Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bundik is found, safe & sound

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
that rhymes :D

I just want to thank everyone soooo much, beyond amazing group of people. Im off to try and cuddle the little guy right now.

Please everyone, be safe with ure pets. I know this will probably (hopefully!!!) never happen to anyone, but watch your indoor cats, sneaky guys.

Happy ending :goodvibes::goodvibes::grouphug:

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
:laughing: I misspelt his name

can u tell im tired? :headslap:

it doesnt matter tho, my baby is back :thankyou:

SARAH
April 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Oooh yeah, they are so so quick! I'm always worried when either Lewis or I let the dogs out when the lights are off in the jouse and it's dark out, that a cat will sneak out with the dogs un-noticed. If we're both at the door, one is crouching to grab the sneaky kitty (usually me crouching), but sometimes we're just there alone and it's scary.

:highfive: for the happy ending to the drama and Bunduk's safe return :cloud9::cat:

rainbow
April 3rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
:laughing: I misspelt his name

can u tell im tired? :headslap:

it doesnt matter tho, my baby is back :thankyou:

:laughing: :laughing: I'm sure Bunduk will forgive you :grouphug: ....he is just happy to be back home. :D Hopefully, he will get over his horrific ordeal soon. :grouphug: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

phoozles
April 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
YAY!

We're all so happy for you! :highfive: :thumbs up :grouphug:

breeze
April 3rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
I'm glad he is home safe and sound

http://www.smileycons.com/img/cats2/24.gif

Stacer
April 3rd, 2008, 03:30 PM
That is fantastic news!! :thumbs up Poor little guy probably had quite the fright!!

14+kitties
April 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
:grouphug:s for you and Bunduk from me and Spazzy, Meowzer, Little Bit, Nipper, Miss Purrfect, Brownie, Qugee, Wheezer, Tinker, Miss Atty, Skitty, Squeak, Mew, Mylee, Kylee, Niko, Keesha and Sam. That's a whole lot of hugs. Should keep you going for a while. :rolleyes:
I really am glad his ordeal is over!!!!

chico2
April 3rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Onster,first off I just about went in to hysterics reading the reply the guy gave you,saying it was not your cat:yell:
Then when he said he'd drop him at the intersection...I threw up my dinner,picturing Bunduk in a busy intersection.
Then the absolute best news ever,beautiful Bunduk is back,I was crying so hard I had hick-ups,but happy tears:thumbs up:thumbs up
OMG,what a relief:cat::cat:

otter
April 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
This is the happiest post ever! :D:D:D
I'm so happy the cutest kitty is back home in your loving arms Onster :cloud9:

I was soooooooo afraid to go back in and look what happened (i had to get some work done and couldn't keep up :sad:), I almost yippped right here at work when I saw this post.

(is the original post gone... is it OK to ask what happened??- oops, never mind, I see it's been deleted)

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
couldnt sleep :o

gave bunduk a bath, lol he's not too happy with me now. He stopped hissing at me though :thumbs up and he ate some :D

thanks for all the hugs everyone :grouphug:

and sorry to get everyone so worked up:o

Lukka'sma
April 3rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Thank goodness this turned out the way it did because for a while there this afternoon it didnt look too promising. I'm so happy for you onster and your special Bunduk.
I'm going to go and tell Lukka right now how important she is in our lives and give her a big hug cause you just never know do you.

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
yeah i know lukka'sma...wasnt very optomistc earlier :sad:

yes, for sure everyone give ure furries (and human loved ones) all the love u can every day....and to think i was mad at him for chewing wires!

u definately never know what tomorrow may hold :2cents:

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'm so glad he's home and safe. He's been through the ringer that's for sure. Poor little guy.

Love4himies
April 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Are we going to find out where you found him?

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
at an intersection following an email. check ure pm :)

BusterKitty
April 3rd, 2008, 06:42 PM
Yay! Great news but how did you find him? I'm slow:rolleyes:

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
lol , ure not slow at all busterkitty, thanks

Bunduk was found at an intersection, following emails from someone who 'found' him. It wasnt a pleasant experience, but he's back home where he belongs :cloud9:

Frenchy
April 3rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
I'm so happy he's back onster !!! I had 4 members e-mailing me all afternoon to keep me posted :laughing: I was on the edge of my seat , working , taking e-mails , working , taking e-mails .... thanks to everyone that kept me updated , I felt much better once I knew he was back. onster , you must be exhausted because I was :laughing:

I'm so so happy he's back :highfive:

Jim Hall
April 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
did you meet the guy who did you take with you was any$$ involved

i assume u checked her out for bites cuts parasites etc and make sure all hier vavvines are up to date

Winston
April 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Onster! I am so glad your boy was found...I have read through everything and I was on the edge of my seat at work all day too! but I wanted to suggest that you go in and file a police report..just for the record of the incident and I only say that because of how it happened... I know they cant do anything but good to have on record.. Take lots of time to snuggle tonight!

Cindy

BusterKitty
April 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
:eek:Intersection?! How could they? Some people are born without hearts ><

At least Bunduk is home now. Give hime a hug from me:grouphug:

Dracko
April 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
All day today, even after I found out he was safe I had lump in my throat.

I just can't get over that idiot. I mean, you contact him and he dumps the cat?!?!? WTF. Why not just met you and hand him over? So doesn't make sense. But thank gawd you were in touch when you were to go straight there and find him. Where was he when you saw him? Was he hiding under something and how long once you got there did it take.

When I heard you were going to the intersection I was worried that it was a prank and you'd be there all day unwilling to leave.

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
ive been there with prank calls dracko, when I lost my TY. I got one call "my friend has ure cat he's at such and such address".....drove over in my jammies with my bro..he got out...ppl in the house had NO idea what it was about. came home, my mom had recieved a call while we were out "soooo sorry! i mean such and such (next house over)!"...at this point we kinda felt its a prank, but tiny bit of u thinks no, its him right...so we drove over again, i spotted a bunch of kids across the street looking at us...same deal. By the time my bro got back in the car they had split, they saw me staring them down. It was thanksgiving weekend too :loser:

there are these little bushes near the intersection, where the community name is..u know this big signs....he was huddled there. Good thing he didnt move, its a 4 way intersection :frustrated:

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
it took me 4 times passing the intersection to see him...i got lotsa beeps :o. once i spotted him i had to park along the side of the road on the street that was residential and my friends and ran to him...friends bf wanted to pick him up cuz he was worried someone was behind bushes :o...no one was there though, and bunduk ran from him..so i got him.

he let me hold him but then as soon as we got in the car he was hissing at me, yeowling...sounds I NEVER heard before. I think from start to finish it took 15 mins, not so long but forever consindering i was afraid he would run into the intersection any second.

happy ending :grouphug:

want4rain
April 3rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
OMG!! i looked and looked half the day for the other thread, never realized it was deleted.... sounds like you got some run around by some nut job. a bunch of kids??? how horrible!! Bunduk is home now... hopefully the terrifying experience is enough to stop him from wanting to go outside again!!! :2huggers:

-ash

growler~GateKeeper
April 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
I'm so happy you have sweet Bunduk back :2huggers: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

krdahmer
April 3rd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Whew!!! I am sooooo sooooo soooooo happy for you all!!! :grouphug::highfive::pray:

I hope that never ever happens again, and from the sounds of his reaction... I think he's scared himself but good on this outdoor adventure. Time to get out the old water bottle and have it at the ready by the door!

I thought of you this afternoon too, I had all the windows open today so my guys had a bit of spring fever.... I was loading the car with stuff for goodwill and when I opened the door to come back in Palomine was poised ready to run out!!! I haven't moved that fast in a long time... shooshed him back in and got the water bottle right away.

And really.... I couldn't get the other thread out of my head all night.... I mean what kind of parents are raising kids who think that joking about microwaving a cat is funny?!?! Seriously! :frustrated: That's just scary.

I'm just glad he's home safe and getting lots of snuggles! :cloud9:

Dracko
April 3rd, 2008, 11:23 PM
Can you post a picture of him for us. :pray: Just wanna see him safe and sound at home.

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
I posted this in the other thread before i asked for it to be deleted.

He's kind of still huddled in this position, he went under the comforter AND the warm blanket. He's very scared still. peed on my brother when he went to pick him up. Onnie has been sitting at the foot of the bed all day, but bunduk tried to take his eye out :sad: I have two very bad scratches, he is just so very scared.

Im sorry I wish i had a happier picture to post..maybe tomorrow :goodvibes:

I think he is either very very scared from his ordeal, or he was hit/abused in the short time he was gone (very very long for me), he cowers when i go near him now. right after i took this pic, he bit my finger.

:grouphug: Im hoping he will be better tomorrow.

onster
April 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
krdahmer...i have no clue. makes me not want to have kids if this is the world they will grow up in.

I got accepted to teachers college today, to teach biology and chemisty to highschool students.....but i dont think i can handle teenagers of today. Some of them are very nice..but quite franky, a lot of them scare me :sad:

This coming from a 21 yr old, ...but even when i was in highschool, in the most academic school in the city, i was offered drugs. I was a goodie goodie in school and known as one...i mean....wow.

growler~GateKeeper
April 3rd, 2008, 11:59 PM
Onster more :2huggers: :goodvibes: for you & Bunduk & Onnie too

Dracko
April 4th, 2008, 01:08 AM
I'm sure it will take him a bit to relax. You'll never know where his adventure took him and what happened. Even if he wasn't mistreated it would have been very scary.

I am so glad my cats don't make a run for the door. I grew up with a Siamese who did! You couldn't walk out the door without looking around and darting out fast. I have one who likes to go out cuz he lived his first 4 months on a farm but he just walks to the door as if I'm going to allow him to go out, no rushing. Of course, most of the time there is a 90lb dog coming in/out of the door trampling over anything in his path, so they scatter.

Can't wait to hear how he is doing tomorrow. :angel:

Spatx
April 4th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I'm still so happy that Bunduk is home, that was quite the experience for both of you. It'll take him some time to relax and calm down, sending lots of hugs! :grouphug:

Love4himies
April 4th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Oh, Onster, I am soooo glad you got Bunduk back.

Once he calms down, he will be back to his old self again, it will take a day or so.;)

:grouphug:

chico2
April 4th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Yesterday was quiet an emotional day for sure,with a great sigh of relief at the end.
I believe this person who"rescued"him could have been Bunduks hero,maybe even gotten a little reward-money,had he just kept Bunduk and let you come and pick him up.
Judging by his problem with english in his e-mail,he probably was afraid of the police,since what he wrote sounded like black-mail..
We don't know what happened to Bunduk,how he was treated,it might take longer than a day or two for him to become his usual sweet self.
I would leave him be,cuddle him when he wants to,otherwise leave him to realize he is safe again,back with the people who love him.

paula383
April 4th, 2008, 07:25 AM
bless him the scared little baby :sad: so so so glad hes home he will soon settle down again, hes back where he belongs :grouphug:

14+kitties
April 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I am thinking poor Bunduk went through a lot with the idiot(s) that had him. Poor sweetheart. I pray he is doing better today and will continue to improve. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
April 4th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Onster, how's the little guy doing today?

SARAH
April 4th, 2008, 09:11 AM
krdahmer...i have no clue. makes me not want to have kids if this is the world they will grow up in.

I got accepted to teachers college today, to teach biology and chemisty to highschool students.....but i dont think i can handle teenagers of today. Some of them are very nice..but quite franky, a lot of them scare me :sad:

This coming from a 21 yr old, ...but even when i was in highschool, in the most academic school in the city, i was offered drugs. I was a goodie goodie in school and known as one...i mean....wow.

I know what you mean. It's sad when grown people avoid walking by a group of kids even in broad daylight!

You can of course, opt to teach kids in grade school!

14+kitties
April 4th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Oh Shot Onster!!! I keep forgetting----- Congrats on your acceptance to Teacher's College!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where are you going? My daughter did hers in North Bay. Great school. I would imagine yours is closer to home though. :rolleyes:

onster
April 4th, 2008, 09:44 AM
if im going i will be going to western ontario, where my sil went :) my lil bro is going for engineering and was accepted there with scholarship, so it would be nice if we both go (well nice for me not for him, he doesnt want big sis watching him :rolleyes:)

we shall see....im not really liking the comments im getting from ppl, i was always slated to be the next doctor, break-through researcher etc. A lot of people tell me that will be "a waste of my potential" :frustrated:. I think that's retarded personally because I mean, what do we always say 3rd world countries need? better education! A good teacher can inspire a whole bunch of students to be great academics, doctors, lawyers etc.

I wouldnt reject the offer because of that, I'm just really thinking of completing a minor in psychology and going for genetic counselling as I really love genetics and it would require teaching as well, educating about genetic diseases and such. I have a lot of research to do in the coming days :o But thanks all, it feels good to have gotten into something lol...everyone in my yr (4th) seems to know what theyre doing, moving on...so i can at least say I got into something but decided to stay behind ;) I wasnt expecting to get in either, beacuse I dont have much teaching experience and theres a lot of pressure on teachers colleges, but I think my grades made up for it :thumbs up Good feeling. lol anyways Ive hijacked my own thread :offtopic::sorry:

Bunduk is doing much better today thanks, he chewed up my cell charger last night and I LOVE it :D:laughing:

Onnie gave him a good bath too. He's still quite scared, cowers and all..but hopefully by this afternoon he will be better. I have to go write a paper now, but after I hand it in (4:30), I will take some pics/video of the little trooper for you all (if hes up for it :fingerscr) so u can see for urselves how he's doing :)

SARAH
April 4th, 2008, 09:51 AM
What about Bunduk and Onnie when you go? Guess you can't take them with you ... ?

onster
April 4th, 2008, 09:57 AM
why cant i take them???

My brother and myself would be getting an appartment hopefully pet friendly...otherwise there will be some cat sneaking (shhhhhhh :p)

If end up going somewhere alone after a year, as its more likely ill get into the states for genetic counselling (only 2 programs in canada, take about 6 new students a year each :eek:)....then i havent looked into it but hopefully they can come with me too.

If not, my mother will take them to egypt with her when she moves back and when Im done Ill move back. Or if im done and want to stay here then ill bring them back again :shrug:....unless someone in canada wants to foster them for a yr or 2, *ahem* lol ...j/k, i figure it shouldnt be too hard to take them to the states :thumbs up

Genetic counselling is a 2 yr master, teachers 1 year....so..we'll manage something. They are my babies after all :cloud9::thumbs up

ok now i reallllly best getback to my paper else I wont be getting in to anything!!!:laughing:

SARAH
April 4th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Well, Egypt was after all well known for adoring cats :D they should be fine there - as long as they don't get out into the streets with all the stray dogs...

Still, as you say, cross that bridge when you get there.

Wouldn't think getting them to the States should be a problem, my ex MIL brought her mutt Missy back and forth between Dubai and the States all the time.

Kristin7
April 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I'm so glad you have Bunduk back! Sounds like someone sketchy had him, I missed most of the other thread as I couldn't get on the site yesterday for some reason... but what a jerk for dropping him off at an intersection, among other things!!!! :mad: What is with some people??

If you have some of that cat pheromone spray that could help to calm Bunduk down, or something like catnip or Bach flower remedies. Hope he is back to himself soon!

rainbow
April 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM
How is Bunduk today? :fingerscr :goodvibes: