Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Save Your Pet-dogs By Feeding Home Made Dog Foods

Tomer chen
April 3rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
In many homes pet-dogs are not differentiated as animals. They are treated as human beings and one among the family members. Dogs by nature are very fond of their masters and their families. They reciprocate the love and affection shown on them in expressing them in every way, short of speaking words as we do. Dogs of good breed do a lot of help to the owners and they can be easily trained to obey commands – and language is no barrier here.

Feeding the pet-dogs should therefore be filled with care and caution. As we are particular about our health and take precautions for avoiding ill-health, our four-legged friends and life-time companions should also be nurtured well.

The trouble begins only here. Arising out of the abundance of affection, we tend to feed our canine friends also with what we eat. The basic difference is their physique is totally different from ours and what is healthier for us may not be so for them. For example, our dietician suggests that Onion is best for our health in purifying our blood and acts as anti-septic inside our body.

It is exactly the opposite for our pet dogs. Onion is deadly for feeding them because of its enzymes which can cause innumerable troubles in their digestive organs. Similarly raw fat is unfit for human consumption, whereas it is a healthy food for dogs when blended with other supplements and vegetables.

So the point is the home made dog food should suit your pet in all aspects of nutritional value and it should be wholesome in containing the required proportions of vitamins and minerals - Meat, eggs, vegetables, starch-rich soy, corn, oats, brown rice and so on. Dogs require protein for brisk activities and this is also available in natural foods that we use.

If you are of the opinion that the “commercial dog foods” in ready packs available everywhere are good for your pet dogs – sorry – you are thoroughly mistaken. They are, as per unanimous opinion of the scientists, are mere poisons!

Harley's_Mom
April 9th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I could be mistaken but you seem rather judgemental of people who feed their pets commercial dog food. My dogs both eat commercial food but I certainly don't feel that it means I love them any less. They are most certainly members of my family, much loved and very well cared for. If I am reading you wrong then my apologies.

mika140
April 9th, 2008, 09:20 PM
If you are of the opinion that the “commercial dog foods” in ready packs available everywhere are good for your pet dogs – sorry – you are thoroughly mistaken. They are, as per unanimous opinion of the scientists, are mere poisons!

Hopefully the "packs available everywhere" are grocery store brands that you're referring to, such as Ol Roy, etc.

Because there are very good commercial pet foods out there if you look beyond the cheap brands.

And I'm skeptical that all scientists across the world are in unanimous agreement on this issue....or any for that matter :rolleyes: