Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my spoiled goats make faces

FancyAppy
April 2nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
Do you want to see goats make faces? they make faces when they don't get their way...snacks are too slow in coming for example. They don't bite, butt or kick but they make some wicked faces and love to show their teeth. They think it is scary. I am shaking in my manure covered insulated work boots.haha
Pictures will be on two posts.

FancyAppy
April 2nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Bobby, Lily and Babyrose...silly goat faces

FancyAppy
April 2nd, 2008, 09:55 PM
Now some cute faces....

Spatx
April 2nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Lol, what characters! They are so cute, they look like a ton of fun! :D

Byrd
April 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Bobby is so cute! LOL Babyrose reminds me of my old neighbour. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
April 2nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
:laughing: I'll say they're characters! :D Scary, eh?

They sure do show a lot of personality! :lovestruck: I love goats...

otter
April 2nd, 2008, 10:12 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: goats just make me laugh and laugh.
Your gang sure are cute (and scary:cry2::laughing:)

KimandAutumn
April 2nd, 2008, 10:17 PM
OMG your goats are friggin hilarious! I love them! :cloud9: More pics please. :D

FancyAppy
April 2nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
These guys love when mom brings out they camera. They mug for the camera and shove thier way to the front so I take their pic first. I will have to make them a brag book they can pass around between them...bunch of hams...lol

FancyAppy
April 2nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Above is Lily, Nuggett and Chucky . jr. here is

FancyAppy
April 2nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Above is Lily, Nuggett and Chucky . jr. here is Babyrose, Chucky jr , Oreo and Pansy. Hard to see but Pansy is sticking her tounge out at Bob in the last pic.
All are rescue goats that have been with us since last July. they are a year old.

otter
April 2nd, 2008, 10:49 PM
Who would have thought goats to be such goofs :laughing:
You only ever hear about them being nasty and eating everything in sight :shrug:

FancyAppy
April 2nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Here is a bigger pic of Babyrose...this one makes me howl. She is a riot and she is only a foot tall.

rainbow
April 3rd, 2008, 02:14 AM
OMG...they are absolutely hilarious. :laughing: They would have me cracking up every day. :D

Lukka'sma
April 3rd, 2008, 04:23 AM
They must have you in stitches all the time. How funny:laughing:

paula383
April 3rd, 2008, 05:02 AM
:laughing::laughing:
they are sooooo cute :cloud9:

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
LOL, I love the faces. Some smiling some clearly pouting. :lovestruck:

happycats
April 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
That is so cute!!! each has it's own personality, and charm! :D

Stacer
April 3rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
I love goats, they're so interesting. They always seem to have a smile on their faces. Yours are all so sweet. I'll bet they keep you on your toes!!

14+kitties
April 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Cute indeed! Must be fun to have around but I bet they are also lots of work. Too cute.:cloud9:

FancyAppy
April 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Everyone thanks so much ..don't they just give you the giggles? here are some more faces. This is Herbert. He is also a rescue and is a year old. He has the biggest straight up horns. makes him look a little devilish.

FancyAppy
April 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
And this is Pansy.. She is a foot tall and just pure joy. She jumps up and tries to climb into your lap. She also licks your face and buries her head in your armpit. She is a little lover. She was adopted by us last summer along with Babyrose and Oreo.

chico2
April 3rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Awww,what a fabulous life you have,what a dream come true,living amongst all these critters.
LOVE the goats,all of them,LOVE the adorable little donkeys.
I am soooo envious:laughing:

Ford Girl
April 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
Oh my, these goats are so cute!!! :lovestruck: I love their faces. :angel:

My friends have two mini goats, they are like dogs to them, we feed then tortilia chips when we go over, they love them, and you are right, if you dont keep feeding them they get all pushy about it, my friends female will lightly head butt you...and the male pick pockets all the time, steals your smokes or your wallet...too funny! So fun to watch.

jessi76
April 3rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
LMAO! those were some seriously GREAT photos! You should put together a goat calendar or something. I love Babyrose... LOL!!!

Frenchy
April 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
I wanna move to your place :yell: they are sooo cute ! I love the tongue sticking out picture (third one) looks like him = :p

:laughing:

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Frenchy...LOL..yes it does look like "yuck" icon..haha.Herbert always sticks out his tongue you can kiss Herberts nose. Better yet if you say" give Mommy a kiss" he will make sucking noises and lick your face....course you have to give him a cookie and who knows where that tongue has been..HAHA!
Oh the things that entertain us when we get older...lol.
Here is Herbie and Chuckyjr, goat wrestling.

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Chico....You are so nice. Your words make me appreciate this wonderful gift I have been given. Sometimes as I look at all the work that needs done, how un-perfect this farm is I get discouraged but I look at these little faces and all that stuff just melts away.
You say the nicest things about my furry friends..Thank you.
Here is Bob and Nugget.Pretending to be mountain goats. Always climbing rocks, bashing horns, uprooting tree stumps, digging under fences, breaking garden pottery,eating all the bark from trees., chewing telephone lines,digging big dirt holes in the yard,...Whoops...If I let out all their secrets no one will adopt Herbert and ChuckyJr....LOL...
Here are some "Mountain Goat" pics for you.

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Fordgirl...oh they love doritos,tortilia chips , fritos. They can hear the bag rustling a mile away. I yell "baby goats" and rustle the bag and they are yelling and running like crazy to get to me. I love to do this when company comes cause they come popping out of everywhere and gallop full force screaming towards the visitor holding the bag . scares them{visitor} silly for a moment but makes hubby and me giggle.....like I said simple things entertain you on a farm...lol....here are my baby goats attacking a bag of chips last summer.

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2008, 02:07 PM
LOL, I think I'd rather be charged at by a herd of baby goats, than a herd of regular sized goats.

I love the "fighting" pictures. Boys will be boys:rolleyes::laughing:

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
jessie76..Babyrose is a sweetheart. She will have a forever home here with us now. Although she was a rescue and the intention was to find her a forever home with an adopter, I don't think we could ever part with her now. A goat calendar would be fun...esp pics of them making the silly faces they make....and you should hear the noises they make...now that is really funny.
More pics of Babyrose.

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 02:20 PM
14+kitties..They really are not too much work...but winter is yucky, carrying hay, feed and keeping water from freezing etc. But the horses are much more work.
It is not too costly to keep goats. The shots and wormers are not too expensive and we can trim the hooves ourselves.
They hate getting shots though and play hide and seek soon as shot time arrives...mostly hide...and we do the seeking and crawling under and thru things to catch them. any other time they are all over us like flies. No matter how we hide the shots they just "know" and give us a hard time....then they pout for days afterwards.

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Stacer..oh yeah they can keep you on your toes. They are into everything and are always messing with something and standing on their toes getting into stuff. They peer into our windows at us and make faces . Till we got used to it we thought they were demented, then just realized they are very nosy and don't like being away from "mommy and daddy" for very long. Many of their antics are them just trying to find out where we are and if we have any snacks.Here are Bob and Nugget mauling a tree.

marko
April 15th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Oh these pics are just OOOOOzing cuteness!

Thanks for posting them! :highfive:

chico2
April 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM
OMG,those pics are fantastic,I would be in absolute heaven:lovestruck:
I see the 2 little donkeys in the background too,great pics!!
I wish I was a little younger,I would seriously consider some kind of farm and lot's of little critters,but I have to be happy with my backyard,birds,coons and possums and of course my 3 cats and little Bailey.

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Chico, Ancient, Marko..
thank you all so much..everyone here has such wonderful pets. It delights me to read about your babies and see thier pics as well.I really enjoy this site and the great people and all the furries I have met.
Here are some of the horses but I have not taken too many pics of them ccause they are so shaggy and dirty. When they shed they will look so much better.

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Okay, I hate you:laughing: Not only do you have the cutest bunch of baby goats, but you have two super cute tiny mules and now horses! I love horses.

I love cats, but as far back as I remember, I've always thought horses are just the most beautiful creatures on this earth.

All right, I don't really hate you, but I'm green with envy.:D

duttypaws
April 15th, 2008, 08:17 PM
they are so cute although i am really scared of goats... :shrug: ... i just noticed goat eyes... unusual... ok not for a goat...

now horsies I love...:lovestruck::lovestruck:

but that last individual photo of your goat... what a POSER :cool:

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Ancient...LOL...I really know what you mean...I have always loved horses too. Did you play with toy horses when you were small?...I even had a toy farm set.Here are some pics of the horses last spring when they were noy quite so dirty.

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Dutty yes Nugget is a poser. He knows what a camera is and I have a sneaking feeling he must have a goat poster modeling contract somewhere he's not telling us about....maybe I will hold off on the treats till I get my percentage!....LOL

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I had a collection of these beautiful resin horses they used to make. I remember I'd always go to the toy aisle when my parents went grocery shopping. We lived in Michigan and they had stores that had grocery and retail under the same roof. I'd always beg for a toy horse. They were probably 8 inches high and they'd always be in some pose. At one point I think I had like 10! I also had some ceramic ones too.

They don't make those resin ones anymore. At least, I haven't seen them in years.

Some of my favorites were Morgan's, Appaloosas, Abyssinian's, and the big boys, Shires!

chico2
April 16th, 2008, 06:49 AM
WOW,that third pic of the horse is stunning,what a beauty:lovestruck:
I only learned on Animal Planet that horses get a wintercoat and shed in the spring,to me they are beautiful either way.:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
April 16th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Chico, that is a beautiful shot. You can frame that picture and put it on your wall!

Chaser
April 16th, 2008, 01:23 PM
:laughing: Anytime I'm having a bad day, I will look at these pictures of your goats! They're hilarious! They must make you smile every single day! :D

FancyAppy
April 22nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Today my little furries were really enjoying spring. Here they are with the new big toy...a tree log!...they played all afternoon on the log...knocking each other off, butting it, sliding down the side then eating it...a multipurpose toy. Haha

Frenchy
April 22nd, 2008, 08:38 PM
a multipurpose toy. Haha

and cheap too :thumbs up

FancyAppy
April 22nd, 2008, 08:40 PM
more pics of goats on logs and in the woods.What fun to spend my day off watching these little guys attack trees.They really made me giggle today. they were really wound up and having a blast with Mother Natures toys.

chico2
April 23rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
F-A,thank's for those pics,isn't spring just wonderful,the best time of the year,for sure!!
I can just see it in your goatsies faces,they are just as happy as me about the green grass..
Stupid question no 1:do you spay/neuter goats??
no 2:can you milk your goats??
no 3:If not spay neuter,will they have baby-goats?
You are allowed to laugh,I grew up a city-girl:laughing:

ancientgirl
April 23rd, 2008, 08:07 AM
:laughing: I'm curious too. Chico, I'm glad you asked.

I love the pictures, as I always do. They certainly look like they are having a good time. Do you have a video recorder? I think we need some baby goat movies!

Catherine Lane
April 23rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
You know, ever since I decided a few weeks ago I need to add a goat to my zoo, my friends have been trying their level best to talk me out of it - I'm overworked as it is, shall we say. I think the next time one of them starts in about it I'll just direct them here to look. If they STILL don't get why I need a goat(or two) then there's nothing left to do but tune them out.

Absolutely Wonderful pictures. Is there a site anyone could recommend for me to research what I need before I actually get my first one?
Cat :)

aslan
April 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
you could always pm fancy and see what advice she can give. She seems to have alot of experience with her little hooved rescues..

FancyAppy
May 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Everyone..Thank you all so much for commenting on my happy little goats.
.the goats are always laughing....at us!. They are so good at manipulating Mom and Dad for snacks, extra attention, etc.They lay around at night scheming how they are going to get us to do what they want . I can hear them goat-laughing together all night.
Here they are taking a walk with Mom and Dad in the woods....or rather here they are raging against sweet mother nature.

FancyAppy
May 9th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Chico..not stupid questions at all. thank you for being interested enough to ask. male goats kept intact for breeding are bucks, neutered males are wethers.
We are not ready to breed as we are still rescuing goats that need homes .But if we were to breed ,our little does are mature enough at 1 year old to have kids {baby goats}
We do not have any bucks, all our boys have been wethered.
Pygmy are considered meat goats not dairy so we do not milk, nor do they produce milk. But there are many wonderful mini goat breeds just for milk and cheese production. Our goats are just pets and do nothing but entertain us.
Goats are very satisfying pets. They are warm, affectionate, smart and happy. They are hardy and long living...but mostly they are great companions...very similar to a dog in thier attachment to their humans.
Thank you for asking about our little guys.Here they are fighting over a ceral box.

FancyAppy
May 9th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Ancient we do need a video recorder. Sometimes the camer is just not quick enough to capture their antics.like these smashing horn pics...It would play much better on You Tube..:clown:

ancientgirl
May 9th, 2008, 11:12 AM
LOL, those cereal carton pictures are funny. It takes so little to make them happy doesn't it? I'm wondering, how little would a baby goat be? I can just imagine a tiny little goat running around.:lovestruck:

FancyAppy
May 9th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Catherine, Asia...ty so much for visiting our babies. I am so excited Catherine that you have decided to add goats to your pet family. You will love them. I will PM you with some info on finding /keeping goats.
They are so much fun. for example, they do take walks with us. As soon as the weather is nice we start to walk. A comical little parade...9 goats and 4 cats.
Now the donkeys come too but they like to run ahead then run back home. They get bored.
So here is our goofy parade of cats , goats and donkeys tramping thru the woods. We usually go out for about an hour. The goats stay right with us and munch as they walk.
When we get back and the house comes into view everybody ,including us ,has to run. It is tradition to run back to the house and the goats can't wait....and I imagine it would be pretty silly to see if anybody was watching. 2 middle age goofs running with a pack of goats!!!!!!HAHAHA!
Here are some pics of our little walkers.They come around the house follow us into the woods and away we go.

FancyAppy
May 9th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Ancient...They are very small when born, about the size of an adult cat but heavier and bigger boned.
they start to grow horns immediately and the boys are mature to breed as early as 5 months, the does can have babies at 10 months but both are not the ideal. Does should wait till they are 2 years old to have their first babies.
But size wise they are pretty much adult size by 12 months.
They can live to mid teens so they can be a companion for many, many years.
Here are some pics of the babies at aprox 6 months old. They were all about a foot tall and are not too much taller now.
Ancient, I wish you could come visit. I know you would go back home with a couple of these guys!:)
Thanks so much for all your nice comments.

ancientgirl
May 9th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I wish I could come visit too:sad: However, if I ever do get the chance, I'll be heading your way! I'd love to come home with some of these little guys. I'd need a yard first though:D

FancyAppy
May 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Here are a couple pics of Bob, Pansey and Chuckyjr taken today. They are nutty today , playing hide and seek with trees, sheds and benches. They peek at me from behind something, then jump away and run like lunatics then peek at me from behind something else... as if to ask "mom did you see that?"" did you get a pic of me doing that?".......they love the camera .

chico2
May 9th, 2008, 04:24 PM
OMG Fancy,absolute cuteness overload:lovestruck:
Thank you for the info,not that I am planning on getting a couple of goats any time soon,but it's interesting.
Where is Penna,is it in Ontario?
Don't worry,I won't come and steal your goats,,,hmmm,maybe the mini-horses:laughing:

ancientgirl
May 9th, 2008, 05:08 PM
No way they play hide and seek with you!:laughing: That is beyond cute!

rainbow
May 9th, 2008, 11:35 PM
WOW....I didn't realize that you had added so many pics to this thread. :o

I love them all :lovestruck: ......they certainly provide lots of entertainment. :thumbs up :crazy:

Thanks for the giggles. :D