Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Omega 3's and Shaker

budboybudboy77
April 2nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
I have a Golden (Shaker) maybe some have seen him on here, anyways everyday I take multi-vitamins and vit-c and 2 Omega 3's of 1000mg capsules.

I gave one to Shaker about a week ago ,and now everytime he sees or hears me going for my Supplements he will wait beside me to have his one Omega 3 capsule of 1000mg.I have given him a few capsules ,one every other day for the past week or so.
My question is , is it safe for a puppy (5 and a half months) to take these supps like I am giving him. Like I said he has had maybe 3 or 4 in the past week or so, but he seems to really love the taste and will wait for them just like a treat.

Thks

ancientgirl
April 2nd, 2008, 02:42 PM
I found this article. I hope it helps:

http://www.furkidsnutritionals.com/fatty_acids.html

budboybudboy77
April 2nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
THks for the link ,has anyone else had experience with Omega 3's?

Thks again ancientgirl.

14+kitties
April 2nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Shaker is a beautiful puppy! I was showing my hubby pics of him this morning.
I have given my toy omega 3's on a few occasions and every time she had a seizure. She has been having them for years. The seizures are food related so once I find something that triggers one she doesn't get it anymore.
You should maybe call the vets and see what they suggest. :shrug:

rainbow
April 3rd, 2008, 04:12 AM
I give my dogs Salmon Oil capsules frequently. They are an excellent source of Omega 3's.

The link ancientgirl posted is a good one.

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'm glad you asked this question because now I think I'd like to start giving mine some supplements like this. I'm going to talk to their vet and see if there are any particular ones she can suggest.

budboybudboy77
April 3rd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Thks all ,I'll check with his vet, he just loves the capsules and runs into the kitchen when he hears me taking my vitamins and waits or begs for them.Thank You 14 +kitties and everyone else for the nice words about Shaker.