Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Czarina Junior Wellness results and some pictures

ancientgirl
April 2nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
I was on vacation last week and took the opportunity to take Czarina in for her Junior Wellness exam. Our vet just called and she said all of her tests came back normal. The only thing we need to take care of she said was it looks like she might need deworming. She asked me if I thought I could pill her and I said between me and Miguel we might be able too, but it would be hard. Then she said she was going to look to see if she had a sample of something topical they also use, which is just as good as the pill and less stressful for her. So Saturday I'll stop by and pick up what I need for her.

In the meantime I managed to get some pictures of her this morning.

This is a nice one, you can see her really well
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/Picture021.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/Picture030.jpg

Here's a really wonderful shot of her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/Picture029.jpg

Stacer
April 2nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
She's a beauty that's for sure! I hope she continues to do well. It helps to have someone looking out for you.

ancientgirl
April 2nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
She's quite healthy, which I'm very happy about.

SARAH
April 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
When I moved my cats from France to Norway, they were given a deworming shot before leaving and another upon arriving; no need for pills (this was of course so the vet could prove to the authorities that the animal was in fact treated). So much easier than forcing a pill into a cat (dogs are easier to trick :D )

Love4himies
April 2nd, 2008, 12:04 PM
She sure is beautiful and lucky to have such kind people taking care of her:thumbs up. She sure doesn't look like the strays we have here in Canada with their frostbitten ears and scratched up noses, lol.

ancientgirl
April 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
No, you'd never know she lived outside even if you looked at her in person. In my complex there are really only 4 cats that I've seen outside. Her, another tortie who's got long hair, an orange tabby and a white one. Miguel was telling me that he and one of the board members, who is now the president of the condo board, tried to capture them before I moved, to get them looked at by a vet but they were too smart. Those other three are more wary of humans and have proven more difficult to catch. I think those were born feral, whereas Czarina had to have been owned by someone in the past.

phoozles
April 2nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Pretty pics - good to hear she's nice and healthy!

14+kitties
April 2nd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Czarina looks like she is very happy and healthy. I guess in the long run she knew exactly where she wanted to be. :cloud9: Nice pics. Thanks for sharing with us.

KimandAutumn
April 2nd, 2008, 11:14 PM
She is the most beautiful color. A very special kitty. :lovestruck:

FancyAppy
April 2nd, 2008, 11:18 PM
My goodness what beautiful colors and such an expressive face. Hope she does well with the topical...boy it is hard to give pills to kitties. She has such a beautiful name by the way. It fits her perfectly.

growler~GateKeeper
April 3rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Happy to hear everything is good :highfive:

Great pics :thumbs up Torties are very special :cloud9:

rainbow
April 3rd, 2008, 03:22 AM
Awww....pretty Czarina :lovestruck: and glad to hear she has a clean bill of health. :thumbs up Our vet gives a liquid wormer that is flavoured especially for cats. Our cats even lick it off her finger. :shrug:

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
She really is a special girl, and she enjoys her life.

I was talking to Miguel this morning and noticed her food bowl and water weren't out. I asked him if that nasty old hag had thrown them away, as she's been known to do. He told me that no, he just moved them to a spot where it's not as noticeable.

What happened was, Miguel was talking to the president of the condo board, who is a doctor and loves animals. He's got two kitties of his own. Anyway, the doctor told him to move her stuff so that nobody would complain. Miguel had then mentioned about my wanting to try to get her back indoors. The doctor said there's no reason to give her away, she was just fine and nobody would mess with her if he had anything to say about it. Miguel then told him that I lived there and was the one who supplied the food and medical for her. Then the doctor said, that since she seemed happy to let her be, but if anything ever happened it would be a good idea for me to take her, but also if anyone complained, especially the one guy in the office, he'd have words for that person. Miguel told me that the doctor also cared about her welfare.

It made me feel good to know that he, being an influential part of the board, was looking out for her too.:cloud9:

Rainbow, when I go to pick up the medicine on Saturday I'll talk to the vet about that oral stuff. I don't want to try and pill her because I KNOW she won't like it.

loopoo
April 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
she looks amazing shes such a beauty and so lucky to have you and the others watching over her and on her side :)

ancientgirl
April 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
When I first moved in, I'd see her occasionally and she wouldn't let me get near her. But she's finally trust me enough to allow me to pet her and sometimes she even sits on my lap.