Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on HRH Missie the Poo

Shaykeija
March 31st, 2008, 10:32 PM
Well Missie presented again this morning with shaking, big pain-filled eyes looking at mom, and total Velcro. So, I took her temp. Normal. Stretched her out and gave her a deep massage on back and hips. No pain there. Palpated her stomach, no hardness no pain. Got stethoscope out, listen to heart and tummy. All is good. WTF is the matter with her? Pick her up and whisper in her ear, "I wish you could talk". Wait, what is that smell? Flipped her on her side and looked in her ear. It was blood red and I imagine she had the grandaddy of an ear ache. So am now treating it with vet ear drops, and if no change by Thursday, she will see the vet. The funny strange thing, is she was not scratching or shaking her ears. I feel so bad for her. This morning she would not eat, but tonight she ate and stole all the socks, so she feels a little better.

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2008, 10:37 PM
Well, I'm glad she's back to stealing all the socks. :D Sounds like one heck of an ear infection! :eek: :fingerscr that the drops do the work!

Frenchy
March 31st, 2008, 10:55 PM
You might want to try the ear drops for about 10 days , if nothing changes , then you should go to the vet. IMO.

Good luck ! :fingerscr

Shaykeija
April 1st, 2008, 12:34 AM
EWEEEEEEEEEEEE:yuck: stinky ear...flushed it with warm diluted peroxide and the smell made me gag.....eweee. Poor stinky baby. Put more drops in and massaged well. Let her shake it out and more crap. The reason to return to vet on Thursday is......MOM'S a WUSS....(and it is a free check anyway LOL)

rainbow
April 1st, 2008, 12:50 AM
Well, there's nothing like a freebie. :thumbs up

I hope Missie's ear infection resolves quickly. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
April 1st, 2008, 03:26 AM
Poor Missie :goodvibes:

The little fluffy dogs always seem to have such a rough go @ it with their ears & infections :goodvibes: