Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

grrrrr...

want4rain
March 31st, 2008, 02:18 PM
sry 4 the short hand. typing on the wii.
moms and sisters r frustrating. no one wants to help alices yeast nfection cause mom wants her gone by weekend. mom is mad bout the muddy paws. iiiiiiiiii have 2 drive waaaaaay out of my way at 7pm w/ kids 2 give acv bath. they r 2 petty 2.

-ash

Jim Hall
March 31st, 2008, 02:24 PM
not a good day eh whos alice?

Ford Girl
March 31st, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hey w4r, are you serious? Your moms upset over muddy paws? She wants her gone by the weekend, and she has a yeast infection that no one's treating? :eek:

How come this change in heart? It wasn't long ago that your mom was feeling awful about poor Alice's condition? I don't get it? :shrug: She made the commitment to give Alice a forever home. No wonder you are frustrated.

What's changed? Im sure you told your mom and sister about puppies and how much work it will be?? I don't get it?

Maybe you need to find Alice new owners who will help her be a happy and healthy dog. :frustrated: Are you picking Alice up tonight for good?

want4rain
March 31st, 2008, 04:14 PM
yes, ill get A tonight providing mom doesnt haul her 2 AC b4 730pm. doubtful but not unlikely when spiteful enuff. may be y moms not answern her fone.

-ash:mad::mad:

rainbow
March 31st, 2008, 04:48 PM
:grouphug: for you and :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes: for Alice.

want4rain
March 31st, 2008, 09:37 PM
its been a ruthlessly exhausting day. i am just so painfully tired. bad financial month. :( feels like that belt is just getting tighter and tighter.

so she is here. my mom was miffed i came to pick her up. i am just soooooo frustrated with all of this. i think this and the new dog was just a bit more than she could chew and instead of approaching this with some logic or rational she just freaked out every few hours and called and yelled at me for not getting on the horn with the fosters in the area (did i mention my computer is broken?? i guess her fingers are too). so ive been researching over the Wii (OH my gosh...). i kicked out a few emails tonight. hopefully i will get some responses before i get off of work tomorrow.

any pointers?? should i lister her on petfinder?? Chris says she *must* be gone by Friday. while that hurts, i understand and i know he is right. :sad: i think im going to go get a quick shower and cry for a bit. sometimes lifes difficulties get to be too much.

-ashley

want4rain
March 31st, 2008, 10:09 PM
Hey w4r, are you serious? Your moms upset over muddy paws? She wants her gone by the weekend, and she has a yeast infection that no one's treating? :eek:

apparently mom gave her that insecticide bath again on sunday after calling and yelling at me for not having found a rescue to take her. this is of course after i told her that the insecticide isnt going to help with the yeast infection. when i called my sister today to tell her that if SHE wants to keep ALice she needs to step up her game at home and clean up after her. i think if mom knew she was willing to try to take care of her, she may let her keep Alice for as long as she is living with mom. THEN i told her that it was no sure thing if she TRIED that she could keep Alice but that she needs the baths whether she is able to keep her anyway. HER response was 'why should i take care of her if mom is just going to get rid of her. mom can smell her for the next week of she doesnt want to keep her!' so i did what any irritated immature individual would do, i hung up.

did i also mention that all of this started after mom took Alice to the vets office to get her tail docked and the vet said an AMPUTATION would cost 3X's as much as a docking?? that amounts up to over $500 to AMPUTATE a dogs tail. mom doesnt like the tail, she thinks it hurts when it hits her in the shins. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: is there somewhere i can petition for some angrier faces?!?!?

How come this change in heart? It wasn't long ago that your mom was feeling awful about poor Alice's condition? I don't get it? :shrug: She made the commitment to give Alice a forever home. No wonder you are frustrated.

see the tail and mess comments. :frustrated:

What's changed? Im sure you told your mom and sister about puppies and how much work it will be?? I don't get it?

Maybe you need to find Alice new owners who will help her be a happy and healthy dog. :frustrated: Are you picking Alice up tonight for good?

yes, i think you are quite right. im going to go on a little pitty party before my shower but you know what REALLY sucks?? mom slacked off her responsibility to talk to the rescues, fess up to her 'typical bad owner' attitude so now I have to take the fall with that. every single one of these rescue groups will firmly believe this is MY dog and I cant handle this and I choose to rehome her for stupid reasons. i will have to beg and plead with these guys and you know what?? bottom line they are right. it IS for some STUPID OWNER reason. this just isnt fair. *sigh* hopefully a week of raw feeding will help her coat out a bit. a week of AC baths daily will help her skin.

ok, im off to shower.

-ash

14+kitties
March 31st, 2008, 10:18 PM
What is it about the month of March? So many of us have had money issues the past month. I really hope April starts turning things around, both financially and emotionally.
:grouphug: for you and :pray: and :fingerscr for Alice.

growler~GateKeeper
April 1st, 2008, 02:23 AM
:grouphug:

Must be taking a great deal of willpower not to say more to your mum & sis :frustrated:

:fingerscr :goodvibes: for Alice

Love4himies
April 1st, 2008, 06:05 AM
Oh Ash, I was hoping little Alice found her forever home. I hope things start looking up for you soon. :grouphug:

chico2
April 1st, 2008, 06:36 AM
Oh no Ash,I didn't know about all this trouble:confused:this is just terrible.
I thought your mom loved little Alice,poor baby and poor you:sad:
It seems everyone even Chris,is preassuring you to get rid of her:yell:how sad and frustrating.
A yeastinfection should not be that expensive to treat,but then again...
Was your mom able to have her spayed??
Adopting out an in tact Pittie could spell trouble for poor Alice,trouble as in puppy-mills and pit-fighting,but I am sure you know all that.
Poor little Alice,poor you,hopefully someone will help out:pray:

want4rain
April 1st, 2008, 11:04 AM
wii again.

we b careful. Chris is working 80hr weeks... not sleepn well... my thyroid has me crazy. c dr on monday after work. we r waaaaaaay streched thin. Alice is upset somwhere new n is sad so cries some at night. Cailyn has EOG study to do. we are maxed. i understand where Chris coming from. everyone is stressed but sad. EOG test, pass or fail 3rd grade. :(

-ash

want4rain
April 1st, 2008, 11:05 AM
crummy time 4 mom/sister 2 act 12yo.

Ford Girl
April 1st, 2008, 11:38 AM
I wasn't judgeing Ash, was just surprised that this was happening, I remember your thread when you first found her, and how your mom loved her, I didn't realize she was just being fostered by your mom, I thought she was keeping her? :shrug:

Is there anything we can do to help? :grouphug:

want4rain
April 1st, 2008, 04:36 PM
:laughing: im not good ay pointn wii-mote! just needed 2 vent.

maybe guy at wrk can foster. trying 2 be careful w/health issues, diet. had nightmares last night. using dictionary now, almost harder lol!

chico2
April 2nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
W4R,this beautiful little girl who had such a rough start in life,really needs someone who cares.
Please be very careful who you hand her over to.
I understand she is not spayed,right??
Poor little Alice:cry:

want4rain
April 2nd, 2008, 01:13 PM
wii!

my sis stepped up 2 plate! im surprised. happy. i want Alice in family where i can c her progression. more after Chris off work... if i dont zonk out after dinner again! blah thyroid yuck.

want4rain
April 6th, 2008, 03:32 PM
so she and i had a chat that monday about taking care of Alice (keeping on top of her mange thing, keeping an eye on her diet, getting her outside instead of waiting till she peed on the floor, brushing the mud off, cleaning paws, washing the window they get muddy, keeping them off of moms bed.... etc) and i guess it was more frustration speaking on her end than real neglect.

i never really got to know my sister as kids and sometimes dont give her enough credit. she wasnt awake when i picked up ALice that night. i had just figured Mom cleaned their muddy mess up but found out a few days later that it was my sis.

i dont know, its working itself out. i was under the impression she was pitching a fit about having to work for Alice when in all reality she was pitching a fit in general. the dynamics of the house isnt healthy at the moment but i think mom and my sister have the ability and motivation to work through it. i also dont think i helped the situation expecting them to change their views of nutrition and vet care past what they were able to at the time. my sister has done some independent hunting around concerning the mange and some other looking into diet. considering she was feeding DOLLAR STORE dog food and has happily made the switch to Canidae with the random raw meat/egg for supplementing, she has come pretty far. :) they both have really.

i promise to keep you guys posted. im not sure when i will be able to get my computer fixed so along with no pics for a while, might be short hand Wii writing. :) be patient with me!!!

-ashley

chico2
April 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM
W4R,whether it is from your Wiii or not,we like updates on Alice,I just want her to be a happy pup and I know you do too.
Mange is pretty serious stuff,isn't it??
Would Alice not need to go and see a vet for proper meds??

CyberKitten
April 6th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I do not know the whole story but it does not sound good- hope your sis will be good for Alice and that Alice will not have to move anymore. That in and of itself is not good! Poor her - and you and everyone else. I don;t see why you would have had to say it was yr dog. I'd make your mom return her! (but go with her). But returning sounds like bringing back some item you got for Xmas or Hanukkah that you did not like, ewwwwww! Bad choice of words on my part - hope it all works out. And Alice gets spayed asap!

want4rain
April 6th, 2008, 09:43 PM
there are a few different philosophies on the whole red mange thing. some say insecticides are needed and others say that boosting the immune system is needed. commonly puppies get it and recover with no external meds at all. Alice still hasnt lost her puppy teeth and is still in the range where it can cure itself. the vet prescribed the insecticide bath, some insecticide drops and antibiotics. the bath stuff has completely ravaged her skin and she vomits the drops back up. she completed her antibiotics. mom keeps giving her the baths which dry out her fur to the point where pieces are cracking and falling off and has not had the money (nor the inclination) to get her the shot instead of the drops. the first few talks abotu a healthier food was met with 'dogs have lived this way forever!!' of which i corrected.... we have her eating some better food now, probably going to take a holistic approach. i dont think the vet would mind but cash is a little tight. making an appointment to discuss alternatives when we have a few sources saying the same thing and can give it a shot first.

i *promise* i have a camera full of EVERYONE pics, including moms De-O-gee (the dog who just wouldnt leave....)

-ash

want4rain
April 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM
oh and i also think some of this skin irritation is caused by some sort of dietary intolerance. she said she picked up a bag of Evo. i think if things dont start looking better, maybe 2 weeks?? then we will go to a raw diet.

-ash

TeriM
April 7th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Sorry things have been so tough for you and Alice :sad:.

:grouphug::grouphug: