Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pugsley puked up bone ?

Kashi
March 31st, 2008, 12:56 PM
Odd. This is the first puking we've seen from him since we got him.

He had his chicken leg this morning, walked, went into his crate while we went out for a couple of hours, went outside to potty, etc. Acting fine, playing, drinking etc.

Then he goes to a corner and heaves - and walks away, leaving a small pile of partly digested bone and such.

He doesn't seem ill in ANY way.

So - what gives ? Did he eat to fast ? Should I walk him before I feed him instead ? What's up with puking up bone ? It sounds quite painful to me.

luckypenny
March 31st, 2008, 01:11 PM
We make sure our dogs rest at least 1 to 2 hours after they've eaten to avoid any stomach/digestive problems.

I also prefer to feed chicken carcass or just the breast bone (with meat on) because two of my three don't digest leg bones. They will either vomit it up or it passes in their stool undigested, sometimes accompanied by blood. I'm assuming its because the leg bones are harder :shrug: .

I wouldn't worry about it unless Pugsly is showing signs of discomfort. Mine have never gotten sick or 'hurt' from it but, I have chosen to feed the softer bones now.

Kashi
March 31st, 2008, 02:06 PM
Good things to think about. Tomorrow I'll walk him first before I feed him.

He is not in any pain, is running around, playing, he's fine. I think the puking bothered us humans more than it did him.