Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog pooping and peeing randomly

Humanhighlght34
March 31st, 2008, 12:10 PM
Hi, this is my first thread so im kinda new to this...but i need help with my dog. shes an 11 month old Ratterrier dashond mix...she was brought in to my house with three cats already living her...we house trained her, and all that good stuff...but resently we have brought another cat in the house along with my girlfriend and it seems that the dog Lola has forgotten everything about being house trained...She will ramdomly pee in the house along with poop...she doesnt ever want to go off the pourch to go either...I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2008, 12:24 PM
Have you taken her to the vet, or at least sent in urine and stool samples? It may be a behavioral thing, but it's always a good idea to have a change in behavior checked out to rule out a physical problem.

If it's not a medical problem, then she's probably reacting to all the changes. In that case, start the training all over again, as if you were dealing with a new puppy. Patience, persistence, correct her only if you catch her in the act, and watch her closely for her signals.

Humanhighlght34
March 31st, 2008, 03:53 PM
Does you think it could be a urinary track infecttion...because she gets along with the new cat and gets just as much attention as she did before???

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2008, 07:56 PM
Yes, it could be. A urinalysis would tell you for sure. Bring a fecal sample, as well, to check for intestinal problems.