Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking at Spay/Neuter?????

deb12
March 31st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hello All, it has been a while since I have posted, but have a few questions....(still no Pup)....

How much roughly is a spay or neuter?

Are there Spay or Neuter clinics were cost maybe lower?

Who is the best Vet in Halton Hills/Peel/Guelph for this surgery?

For us of course spaying and neutering is no question, but I talked to a few people and the price is just too high....some said $400 to $800?

Thank you
Deb

aslan
March 31st, 2008, 12:03 PM
I would check around the local shelters,pounds in your area,they are usually alot cheaper.

ancientgirl
March 31st, 2008, 12:28 PM
I live in Miami, Florida. I paid around $100 to neuter my boys and about $240ish to spay the girls. I'm thinking anything around that number would be the norm. I'd look around. I know some people would suggest looking into a vet college, or perhaps the Humane Society may have a program which would cost you less.

Good luck.

Love4himies
March 31st, 2008, 12:39 PM
I would check around the local shelters,pounds in your area,they are usually alot cheaper.

I agree with Aslan, the best deals are at shelters/pounds! The advantage of getting an older puppy, the personality is somewhat known so you can get a dog that fits into your lifestyle the best :thumbs up

Elizabeth Ann
March 31st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Hi There,

Talk to a H/S. Once a month there is a clinic in Mississauga where the vets volunteer and you only need to pay for the O/R and any materials.

Also, the best vet in the world is in Brookville (on Guelph Line just north of Cambellville) Dr. Ball. He is fantastic.

When my family bred Old English Sheep Dogs (for show, and not for profit) Dr. Ball would make house calls so we didn't have to transport the puppies. He knew all our dogs names. Him and his team are so compassionate when it come to putting a animal down and totally understand how much it effects a family.

kashtin's kin
April 1st, 2008, 03:06 AM
Nice to hear there is no question re: spay/neuter...just trying to find a reasonable fee. You've got some good suggestions already; in the town of Simcoe in my vicinity there is a '$100ish' excellent vet clinic, but I suspect that's a bit far.

I like the idea of giving a grown dog a home, as too many need one, and often aren't considered as 'cute' as a pup...but do realize that for some, a pup is the choice for different reasons.