Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

apollo and bruce

helloapollo
March 31st, 2008, 07:42 AM
i am new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself and my babies.
i live in darwin with my 2 dogs.

i have a harlequin dane, apollo. i bought him from a breeder in perth, aust. he is now 4 months and 26 kilos. gentle but "mr accident". he tells you when HE'S hungry! :yell:

his big brother "bruce" is a 3 year old, white, dane x mastiff x pit bull. he's the fatty, 40kg, and the boss. he sleeps all day. :sleepy:

i share as much time with my dogs as possible but want someone to
say hello to and exchange funny stuff.

i also would like to see if there is anyone with similar/same breeds and learn more about their experiences.

phoebe:pawprint:

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Hello, helloapollo! :D Welcome to you and to Apollo and Bruce.

We do have a few dane and dane x owners on board (I'm not one of them, though.) :o But I do love danes (and pitties and mastiffs!!)

Looking forward to pictures! We must be allowed to greet your boys with all the ooooos and ahhhhhs that are due them! Also looking forward to the tales of their adventures!

Frenchy
March 31st, 2008, 12:09 PM
Welcome to pets.ca helloapollo ! I can't wait to see
pictures of Apollo and Bruce and to hear their life stories :lovestruck:

pbpatti
March 31st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Hi, welcome, we seem to be getting some members from your wonderful country lately, can't wait to see some pics of your "puppies", if Apollo is the one in your avatar he is gorgeous and huge..after you post a few you will be able to attach some photos, have fun here on pets.ca pbp

helloapollo
April 1st, 2008, 05:29 AM
hi hazelrunpack, frenchy and pbpatti.

i look forward to exchanging pics of all our pups!
the avtar pic is apollo at 2.5 months, when i first got him. he is alot taller now. he's sitting, shakes hands, talks and all the rest.... i love him like a son:stork-baby:

bruce is full white with a brown patch on his ear/eye. he is my step son who came to live with me when i got my new boyfriend. he's going to be desexed this/next week. i think he can sense it. poor baby. :cry:
apollo will be left entire for breeding later on.

when i figure out how to load the pics i'll send as many as i can!
thank you all for welcoming us.
i look forward to the replies from you all.

allymack
April 2nd, 2008, 06:00 PM
welcome to the board!

apollo is adorable!:cloud9:

your planning on breeding her?

helloapollo
April 3rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
apollo is a little man!

i want to show and breed him but need to find a female black, blue or boston colour for the breeding to be a registered and preferred litter. i can't breed him with another harlequin as it is a hetrozigous gene- the "lethal" gene which can produce deaf, blind or stillborn pure white pups if bred together. so far the only female i have found around here is a harlequin 150 km away.....bummer. i contacted the noth australian canine assoc and they have no great danes listed:sad:. i also asked them about showing, to possibly "bump into" some owners. so far noone has helped me with my questions regarding grooming, a dane specific guide/tips, rules and membership. i might just rock up to the next show on my own and try to squeeze out the info there. he is so eager to please and would be a waste to desex him since i went to all the trouble to get my fav breed pup. thanks allymack.. hopefully i can send some pics to everyone here! i have attached a link to a pic of a harlequin:rolleyes: http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2709786/2/istockphoto_2709786_great_dane_harlequin.jpg

Frenchy
April 3rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
would be a waste to desex him since i went to all the trouble to get my fav breed pup.

I'll try to not be rude here ok ? This is a VERY pro and neuter forum. Many members are volunteers in rescues or with humane societies. Please check out petfinder and see how many dogs are looking for homes , please visit spca and shelters in your area to see how many homeless pets there are , how many of them get euthanize every week to make room for other pets thast are getting dumped every week. Bringing others into this world (when you're not even a breeder!!!) just because you think your dog is so special , is just plain stupid.

helloapollo
April 5th, 2008, 10:10 AM
i'm sorry frenchy, i thought this forum was open to all kinds of breeds/questions/friendly chat.

i understand what you are trying to point out about rescued dogs and why you tried to not be rude, but calling me stupid was a bit low. you could have used a more reasonable word maybe? i hope i don't come across hurting feelings in reply, however.

of course my dogs are special, just as special as yours are to you, right?
but all dogs i have had through my life i have rescued from our RSPCA when i was in Darwin, including old danes. i, for once, have bought a dog i always liked, and wanted to learn from other people's experiences as well, hence why i am on this forum. there is no RSPCA in Katherine for 400km (and Darwin's is very popular) and most people here have to get a dog from elsewhere/Darwin due to most of them here being desexed. i am a responsible owner with my girlfriend and i helping strays in the vet clinic she works at as well. the breeding is OBVIOUSLY never going to eventuate in his lifetime, which i was kinda getting to. i was only going by what his breeder recommended, but have had no surprise in my findings anyway. i doubt it will eventuate.

i was under the impression that this was a meet and greet thread, but i think we are both on different pages. i wanted to meet people who'll tell me about their special pets and recommend it to my friends- i'm not going to try run a forum.

however, thankyou for the post Frenchie, but it sorta tainted my warm welcoming to this forum. you did say you wanted "to hear their life stories", i had'nt gotten to mentioning Bruce is a rescued dog yet. i hope no hard feelings but you would have found all this out through normal converse anyway.

also,i'm very very sorry Frenchie, but i didn't realise this was a neuter forum.
but i hope you will allow bruce to say hello to everyone, once in a while, to report on his desexing op.
thanks for your concern.

also thankyou Pbpatti, Allymack and Hazelrunpack for your welcoming before.

hope everyone is well and pat your puppies for us all over here.
happy posting.:pawprint:

marko
April 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Although the pulse of this forum is indeed pro-spay neuter, there are many different members with different ideas and EVERYONE is welcome.

So welcome helloapollo! :)

marko

brohnson
April 5th, 2008, 11:43 AM
apollo at 2.5 months, he's a big boy:thumbs up, i love dane's, never owned one because they're to big for my home right now:laughing:, but they are an awesome dog:D

Amee
April 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hi and Welcome!!

helloapollo
April 5th, 2008, 09:49 PM
well hello amee and brohnson.

that is the cutest pair of avatars i have seen yet! what is the little one in Brohnson's avatar? so cute. amee's boxer (i think?)is adorable. i like big dogs,... but give me a few pics of a small puppy and i can't help but fuss over it too! :p

apollo is 4 months now, (the avatar pic is of his first day at home) and i know what you mean brohnson about the size- at 30kg he can't follow his feet, looks like a giraffe and continues to come out of the garden brown and black,....with half the garden missing.:wall: lol

i'd love to see some more pics of your pups if you have some?. what are their names? they both are so cute!
still trying to downsize pics of these 2 to send.
:pawprint:

Amee
April 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Hi and yes Roxy is a 10 wk old white boxer pup. I have posted some pictures of her in the photo section, she's 8 wks old in those pictures. Your boy is beautiful I would love to see pictures.

helloapollo
April 5th, 2008, 10:45 PM
here are some recent pics of pollo and bruce....finally!
1. apollo at bruce's dog house
2. apollo's version of shake when he is tired
3. bruce the big brother.

Amee
April 5th, 2008, 11:02 PM
What cuties they are. He is one beautiful big boy:D

helloapollo
April 5th, 2008, 11:33 PM
1. this is his first day at his new home -2.5 months
2. this is what apollo does to bruce.....
3. to get this kind of face from bruce :frustrated:(i can't help but laugh when i see this because you never get to see "mr sook" try to act this serious) both tails were wagging at the time.
bruce is a funny dog, don't know why but he howls at he ice cream van. a propper howl that can scare the kids away:yell:....that might be the reason....:rolleyes:"more for me"

anyone else's pup have a funny trait?

brohnson
April 6th, 2008, 07:30 AM
that is Daisy, she's a mini daschund and she's 4 weeks old, and we'll be bringing her home at the end of the month

well hello amee and brohnson.

that is the cutest pair of avatars i have seen yet! what is the little one in Brohnson's avatar? so cute. amee's boxer (i think?)is adorable. i like big dogs,... but give me a few pics of a small puppy and i can't help but fuss over it too! :p

apollo is 4 months now, (the avatar pic is of his first day at home) and i know what you mean brohnson about the size- at 30kg he can't follow his feet, looks like a giraffe and continues to come out of the garden brown and black,....with half the garden missing.:wall: lol

i'd love to see some more pics of your pups if you have some?. what are their names? they both are so cute!
still trying to downsize pics of these 2 to send.
:pawprint:

aslan
April 6th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Welcome helloapollo, well well isn't someone gonna be a big boy. He is absolutely gorgeous. Actually they both are. I've told my partner that when we move to the country a dane is on my must have list. Enjoy apollo cuddles while he's still a manageable size to lift.

chico2
April 6th, 2008, 08:14 AM
OMG,Apollo is beautiful,GD's are amazing dogs:lovestruck:

helloapollo
April 6th, 2008, 09:51 AM
hello aslan and chico2,
i was kinda thinkin about his adult size and how he might handle the hugs!.....:needhug:
hey aslan, my mum wanted a golden retriever, nice dogs, and yay,... a terria!
i love all dog breeds great and small... like mini dashounds bear and little daisy.... sossiedogs..:) hi tim!...
and Roxy lil' boxer babygirl... hi amee!:)
would love some pics of your dogs aslan and your kittens chico2. my friend just got a maine coon..
bruce and apollo say hello.:pawprint:
cheers

chico2
April 6th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Well,I do not have any dogs,I have been walking a Cocker(Bailey)my neighbors pup for 3 yrs though.
We have more than enough with our 3 cats though:cat:
That does not mean I don't love dogs and everything else non-human..
Here's little Bailey:lovestruck:

proudfosterdad
April 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Welcome To Pets.ca I Do Not Own Any Dogs , I Have Two Cats Tigger And Shadow. Anyways Welcome And Tigger And Shadow Welcome You Aswell

helloapollo
April 9th, 2008, 06:23 AM
bailey is so adorable chico! so hugable!
hi proudfosterdad!

i've had a few cats in the past, all rspca rogues, but retired on our old farm in the end. we had 3 until their age came upon them.:sad:i haven't really fostered a cat since but i had taken in 4 ginger orphans next to a carpark dumpster last january for a few weeks. so delicate:angel:. my girlfriend provided a stay at their cat shelter in the clinic. she since gave them homes, vaccs n wormer. :cat: made me feel good.

got any pics of the clan PFDad?

aslan
April 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM
This is why you shouldn't treat them like little dogs when their babies, lol. And my Bailley is just confused as to what he is.

chico2
April 9th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Aslan:laughing:WOW,he is a big doggy,beautiful....little Curly is adorable:lovestruck:

helloapollo
April 9th, 2008, 07:36 AM
my my, isn't quincy gorgeous... my mother would fall in love with that dog...he looks so loyal! my sister has 2 maltese x dogs.. is bailey part maltese? i'm not too familiar with maltese but mr. bailey there looks like a little champ. love the terrier sort. they're so adventurous!:dog:

aslan
April 9th, 2008, 08:07 AM
aaw gee shucks thanks chico, helloapollo, Bailley is a terrierx, they told us he was cocker/terrier, but having been a groomer long long ago, i would say poodle/terrier. Shhhh he thinks he's a rotweiler.

breeze
April 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
welcome to the fourm Apollo and Bruce and helloapollo

your doggies are stunning. I have always loved big dogs, exspecialy great danes, they are on my favorite dog list lol lol

ancientgirl
April 9th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the board. You have two very handsome boys.

happycats
April 9th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Welcome ! :)