Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

You know you're a pet parent when...

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 06:26 PM
You wish you had a bigger place just to accommodate a bigger litter box for your cats.

You read your pets food labels yet don't care what's in the food you eat.

You stop at the pet isle at the grocery store even if they don't need food, just to see if you can find them a new treat or toy.

You proudly tell your friends and coworkers the cute little things your pets do, like they do with their kids.

Tommysmom
March 30th, 2008, 06:29 PM

You stop at the pet isle at the grocery store even if they don't need food, just to see if you can find them a new treat or toy.

You proudly tell your friends and coworkers the cute little things your pets do, like they do with their kids.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Yep, that's me:laughing:. If I had cats, the first one would be me, too... instead we made sure that the house we rented had a nice long hallway to toss a tennis ball down in cold weather:laughing:.

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I moved into my current place because my old place wasn't pet friendly, it's part of this wonderful world of pet parenting. :D

krdahmer
March 30th, 2008, 08:53 PM
You wish you had a bigger place just to accommodate a bigger litter box for your cats.

:laugh::whistle:

I have no idea what you're talking about.... none whatsoever! :rolleyes::laughing:

How true is that....especially the stories... that's how I let my family know I've heard enough about my nephew! I counter with cat stories!! :laughing:

Oh and I meant to tell you... I have been sucked in by Target... they have the coolest cat furniture, I saw that round cubby thing you have there. I ended up getting the double hammock for my guys. Palomine loves it... uses it like his own canopy bed! Here's Buddy watching 'his' AFV on our 60" TV!!! :cloud9:

joeysmama
March 30th, 2008, 09:12 PM
OH the pet department at Target is THE BEST !!! :highfive: Cooper has the fishing vest and hat ! I couldn't resist.:dog:

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 09:15 PM
:laugh::whistle:

I have no idea what you're talking about.... none whatsoever! :rolleyes::laughing:

How true is that....especially the stories... that's how I let my family know I've heard enough about my nephew! I counter with cat stories!! :laughing:

Oh and I meant to tell you... I have been sucked in by Target... they have the coolest cat furniture, I saw that round cubby thing you have there. I ended up getting the double hammock for my guys. Palomine loves it... uses it like his own canopy bed! Here's Buddy watching 'his' AFV on our 60" TV!!! :cloud9:

Oh that is soooo my next purchase. I've been eyeing that bunk bed for ages!!! I also need to get them a new condo like the blue one they have. The netting is breaking on one of the levels.

I have to say, when I first got the blue condo, I wondered how long it would last. I thought, okay this only cost me like $25 how durable can it be. OMG! I bought it last year around June or July and it's still going strong, breaking netting and all. Vlad is 18 pounds and it easily holds up to his weight.

My friends and family know they have to listen to my kitty stories, since I've had to endure years of their kid stories.

Joeysmama - they really do have a great pet department. They used to have very little stuff, but in the last year or so, at leas the Targets near me, have really improved! They even have these wonderful carriers which I'm thinking about getting once i have some extra cash. I need to have one carrier for each kitty, just in case I'd ever have to leave and spend a hurricane at my dad's house or my brother's house, and I need a carrier for each kitty.

pepe's mom
March 30th, 2008, 10:52 PM
:laughing:omg this is my first day here and already I am cracking up!!! i needed that after the emotionally-revved scares we've been having lately! :laughing:

krdahmer: that picture is purrfect for this post....and a 60" tv ta boot!!! :thumbs up funny about the cat stories rebuttle, I'm going to try that!!! :laughing:

ancientgirl: so true about the pet aisle, i do that ALL THE TIME!! :D

i also ....
send and receive birthday cards to and from pets
i sign my name beside pepe's on all our cards (with a paw print of course)
i have looked into those wraps people carry babies in so i can always hold him when he wants to even if i have cleaning etc to do(they didn't have any that were clawproof unfortunately..)
i leave music on for him when i go out (for company!!)
i go to the butcher to buy his meat and i am vegetarian

:cat::cat:these little furbabies are master life teachers and deserve every bit of everything we do, don't they!!

luckypenny
March 30th, 2008, 11:22 PM
...you carry dozens of photos of them in your purse and can't find any of your skinkids when someone asks to see them :o .

...you decide to cut back at work and only do part-time cuz you want to be home for your furbabies :o .

...when dh calls home from work and asks what the children are doing, you tell him one's licking his privates, the other is digging a hole in the garden, and the third is salivating at your feet while you're trying to prepare supper (I mistakenly thought he was referring to the dogs :rolleyes:) :o .

...you kiss and hug them every night and tell them how much you love them :cloud9: .

ancientgirl
March 31st, 2008, 10:11 AM
You find a cat hair on your cheese and all you can do is laugh:D

krdahmer
March 31st, 2008, 09:51 PM
i sign my name beside pepe's on all our cards (with a paw print of course)

:laughing: Me too!

...you kiss and hug them every night and tell them how much you love them :cloud9: .

ALWAYS!!!... in fact I never leave the house without telling them that I love them too!:lovestruck:

You find a cat hair on your cheese and all you can do is laugh:D

:laugh:

14+kitties
March 31st, 2008, 10:05 PM
Gee - guess I'm not a pet parent. I only do 9 of the things mentioned. :rolleyes: Oh, make that 10. Keesha gets the TV left on for her all the time. It's just not 60" :p

Magicwildwolf69
April 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM
...you feel guilty when you go away for vacation but know your cats hate to travel

...you give them more foil balls even though you know there are twenty more under the refrigerator (make that 21 now another just went under)

...let them on the table to look at birds even though you hate them up there (we have a window next to our table only 1 of three in our aparment)

ancientgirl
April 1st, 2008, 07:26 PM
Gee - guess I'm not a pet parent. I only do 9 of the things mentioned. :rolleyes: Oh, make that 10. Keesha gets the TV left on for her all the time. It's just not 60" :p

:laughing:I leave Animal Planet on for mine when I leave.

ancientgirl
April 1st, 2008, 07:27 PM
...you feel guilty when you go away for vacation but know your cats hate to travel

...you give them more foil balls even though you know there are twenty more under the refrigerator (make that 21 now another just went under)

...let them on the table to look at birds even though you hate them up there (we have a window next to our table only 1 of three in our aparment)

I don't even like going anywhere, because I'd miss them too much.