Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New fur cut

Frenchy
March 30th, 2008, 05:23 PM
It's spring time and I need to do some grooming on the dogs / goldens. Nelly doesn't need any :p So far I only did Bailey's front , need some finishing but I think he looks like a puppy now :lovestruck: I know , maybe you guys won't see any difference :laughing:

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 05:31 PM
LOL, well I can't see any difference but I LOVE those pictures of him sitting on the deck.

Frenchy
March 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Maybe if you compare with this one ... the fur on his ears and chest is longer.

meg4050
March 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Awwwwww Bailey's SO cute :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Barkley's going for his Spring grooming next week... I'm scared they'll cut his mohawk since I'm not there to tell them not too! :cry:

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Okay, I see it now. It's more noticeable in the third picture.

Did he fuss? I think if I had a long haired dog I'd be too nervous to cut their hair.

LOL, he really does look like a puppy now. Funny how a haircut can do the same for a dog as it does for us.

Frenchy
March 30th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Did he fuss? I think if I had a long haired dog I'd be too nervous to cut their hair.

He doesn't like it. He's probably scared I'll cut him. Last time he was at the grooming salon , they cut the inside or his ears , he had many small cuts. :frustrated:

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Yikes, I'd be scared too. Poor guy.

otter
March 30th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Oh Bailey, such a dapper looking man you are with your new hair cut. :flirt: Definitely shaves off a few years too.

I want to come and give you a big hug!:2huggers:

and don't worry Bailey... mommies are much more careful than those nasty groomers

hazelrunpack
March 30th, 2008, 10:02 PM
That's right, Bailey! Mama Frenchy would never hurt you!! And you look so young and debonair! :lovestruck:

Love4himies
March 31st, 2008, 07:48 AM
Awwww, Bailey, you are so handsome with your new "do":cloud9:

clm
March 31st, 2008, 07:52 AM
He looks great. I don't blame you for doing him yourself.

Cindy

chico2
March 31st, 2008, 07:53 AM
Oh yes,Bailey looks like a young handsome boy,great pics:lovestruck:
Maybe it would do the same for me:confused:I've only been to a hairdresser twice in my life,not counting childhood:laughing:

Frenchy
March 31st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Maybe it would do the same for me:confused:I've only been to a hairdresser twice in my life,not counting childhood:laughing:

Chico2 , when I had long hair , I use to cut them myself :D

aslan
March 31st, 2008, 12:20 PM
Must not let Grace see this post, she's already threatening Quincy with the clippers.

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Frenchy, are you scissoring or using an electric clipper?

Frenchy
March 31st, 2008, 12:38 PM
Must not let Grace see this post, she's already threatening Quincy with the clippers.

Frenchy, are you scissoring or using an electric clipper?

Scissors, I always wanted to buy a clipper but it cuts the fur too short for a golden , Bailey has sensitive skin so I would not try it.

Bailey is a very sensitive guy :laughing:

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2008, 12:51 PM
You can get blades that leave quite a lot of hair. I think we had one that left an inch for Priscilla, and there were others that leave even more. As long as his fur is well-combed and clean, it shouldn't irritate his skin.

Sure was a lot easier than scissoring her! :D

aslan
March 31st, 2008, 12:52 PM
Scissors, I always wanted to buy a clipper but it cuts the fur too short for a golden , Bailey has sensitive skin so I would not try it.

Bailey is a very sensitive guy :laughing:

Ithink grace's purpose IS to shave all his hair off.

Frenchy
March 31st, 2008, 01:01 PM
You can get blades that leave quite a lot of hair.

That's what I always asked for , but they all told me that there was no attachement that left the fur long enough. So I was scared to spend $200.00 on something that would only shave ...

Frenchy
March 31st, 2008, 01:02 PM
Ithink grace's purpose IS to shave all his hair off.

nooooooo , you can't shave a golden ! :sad:

aslan
March 31st, 2008, 01:04 PM
If my poor old brain remembers that far back. a #5 blade cover leaves it roughly and inch long. Where are you looking? I know you can get the actual clippers cheaper at Wal Mart now, then just buy the cover. If you have a groomer around you ask where they get theirs and the longest length you can leave.

aslan
March 31st, 2008, 01:04 PM
nooooooo , you can't shave a golden ! :sad:

Tell Grace that, the guy behind us has done it. Looks so stupid.

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2008, 01:08 PM
That's what I always asked for , but they all told me that there was no attachement that left the fur long enough. So I was scared to spend $200.00 on something that would only shave ...

How long does it need to be? I have the Oster around here somewhere...came with a book showing all the different blades and how long they left the hair. If I can find it, I'll give you the run down. :D If we were closer, I'd loan you the clippers to see if they worked for him... :frustrated: Why is North America so BiG!

chico2
March 31st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Frenchy,I had a good laugh when you said,you cut THEM yourself(your hair)it's exactly what my hubby says:laughing:hair is plural in French..
He actually cuts my hair every 3 weeks or so.
I went to the salon when I got married and when my son got married,that's it and boy did they screw up my hair.

KimandAutumn
March 31st, 2008, 08:08 PM
He is so handsome and regal looking. I hope he enjoyed sunning himself. :lovestruck:

happycats
March 31st, 2008, 08:12 PM
Awwwww poor Bailey!! He looks totally PO"d at you :laughing:

Frenchy
March 31st, 2008, 08:53 PM
Frenchy,I had a good laugh when you said,you cut THEM yourself(your hair)it's exactly what my hubby says:laughing:hair is plural in French..

oups :p
I hope he enjoyed sunning himself. :lovestruck:

Awwwww poor Bailey!! He looks totally PO"d at you :laughing:

:laughing: Bailey ? Mad at me ? Naaaa :) he's the most loving, happy dog , always wagging his tail . Now that it's warmer , he loves to be on the patio , so much he doesn't want to come in for his meals , I have to serve him outside. In summer time , he always eats his supper on the patio. :p

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2008, 09:08 PM
:frustrated: I found the clippers, but not the book with the 'accessories' list.... Sigh... I suspect I'll come across it again in about 3 months when I'm looking for something else. :rolleyes:

Frenchy
March 31st, 2008, 09:16 PM
That's ok Hazel , thanks. I don't mind doing it with the cissors , Bailey has thin fur , now Sam that's another story :yell: but I can't complain , that's what I like about him , he's my big bear :lovestruck: :cloud9:

14+kitties
March 31st, 2008, 10:53 PM
Awww Bailey - you are such a handsome devil. You can steal hearts with or without the new "do" :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
April 1st, 2008, 01:11 AM
Bailey does look more puppy-ish so adorable :cloud9:

rainbow
April 1st, 2008, 03:19 AM
He does look younger with his new "puppy do" :lovestruck: but I really love the pic of him in the snow. :cloud9:

FancyAppy
April 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM
Bailey is pretty darn handsome regardless of his "do". Love the pic of him in the snow. He looks so sweet .