Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally the bed gets used!

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'd bought Vlad a larger bed about 4 or 5 months ago. He's never once slept on it, preferring to sleep in the tiny round bed that he no longer fits in.

Well look what I just saw.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad/014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad/013.jpg

I'm so happy he's sleeping in his bed. I hope he notices how much room he'll have to stretch out. He's always got to get out of the other bed to do that, but this one is roomy.

I gave them all their monthly bath, so I'm wondering if maybe that has something to do with it. Well, I won't question it too much. I'm just happy he's using it. I hate to see him cramped up in that other bed.

otter
March 30th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Good boy Vlad. Now that you see how comfy it is maybe you'll use it more instead of being squished into that little bed. :thumbs up

Love4himies
March 30th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Good boy Vlad! Maybe he didn't want to believe he was growing up :laughing:

onster
March 30th, 2008, 06:21 PM
lol, funny he still only wants to take up half of it...its ok vlad, u can stretch out :D

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 06:29 PM
He's back in the sardine bed, but at least I have some hope. He tried the bigger bed so that's a start. It's more than he ever did before.

BusterKitty
March 30th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Yay, Vlad tries a new bed! A friend of a friend gave away a bed that was too small for her own cat. The friend gave it to my friend before she got Buster. Nobody knew that Buster was overweight and had a pudgy belly so the bed didn't fit him either but he didn't care. He squeezed in anyways! The bed is one of those covered ones with an opening at the front.

I thought that little pink thing(beside the big bed) used to be Vlad's bed:o until you said he uses his old SARDINE bed.

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I thought that little pink thing(beside the big bed) used to be Vlad's bed:o until you said he uses his old SARDINE bed.

Well, there's one upstairs that I got for Oksana, just that same size and he actually used to lay in there.

Here he is before he started sleeping in the sardine bed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad/030.jpg

clm
March 30th, 2008, 07:44 PM
:laughing: Typical cat. Pick the bed they don't fit in. :laughing:

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 08:42 PM
What is it with those tight spots?

At least I know he spends the night on the comforter in my closet sometimes.

glasslass
March 30th, 2008, 10:46 PM
:lightbulb: Maybe if you put the old bed inside the new one! It'd be perfect for a pillow.

rainbow
April 1st, 2008, 02:35 AM
:lightbulb: Maybe if you put the old bed inside the new one! It'd be perfect for a pillow.

:laughing: good idea. :thumbs up

Silly Vlad. :D

BusterKitty
April 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
Awkward position, isn't it Vlad?:laughing:

FancyAppy
April 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM
it is so funny to see him sprawled in the tiny bed when he had a big one to sleep in. That is why I love cats so much. they never do what you expect them too. wonderful pics. I love your cat family.

ancientgirl
April 1st, 2008, 06:30 PM
He's not been back in the bed. But at least he tried it, so maybe there is hope.

FancyAppy thank you. I adore all of my babies. I love that they all have such different personalities. It really is like having kids, but better I think. At least they don't have temper tantrums in the middle of the supermarket:laughing: