Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Uragggggg Freecycle

Shaykeija
March 30th, 2008, 01:01 AM
I hate crap like this..so I sent them this little note...I know I sound mean, but
looking for a free puppy...what ya gonna do with it? I got my cranky pants on and the cranky tank is full...

It is pronounced Shih Tzu. Have you tried any rescues in the area? I am the owner of a Champion Shih Tzu and I can tell you, if you have small kids under 8 years old, this is not the dog for you. They can be a little fragile and unless you can afford the vet and grooming bills, why would you be looking for one free? Dogs like mine are sold for up to $2000.00, unless you plan on buying one from a back yard breeder, then the cost can go up considerably. Vet bills, due to health problems. Then you will have to have the dogs needles and then have it spayed or neutered. The cost will probably be close to $600.00.

--- In SudburyFreecycle@yahoogroups.com, "@...> wrote:
>
> Am looking for a young ****zu puppy. Can pick up
>

ancientgirl
March 30th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I sometimes wonder if these people really know what they are getting into when they say they are looking for a pet. I have a feeling they might be looking for a living toy for their kids and don't want to spend any considerable money, just in case it doesn't work out.

Sadly, people don't realize having pets isn't cheap. They need vet care, especially when young, then they need good quality food to keep them healthy and regular yearly visits. Not to mention the cost of having them spayed and neutered. A step many people don't take.:mad:

Frenchy
March 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Good for you Shaykeija :thumbs up

Those are the people who usually dumps their dog at the first sign of having to go to the vets. And no , they don't get them spayed / neutered. They think by getting a free dog , they will only have to buy food (probably pedegree) and will have no more costs. :wall:

Byrd
March 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Good for you!!! :thumbs up

Yup vet bills aren't cheap, I just spent close to $300 yesterday on one dog and just for yearly vaccines and heart worm. Tell them that and see how they feel!