Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tlak about emotional blackmail!!!!

happycats
March 29th, 2008, 06:42 PM
ARRRGGGGGG:wall:
read the part (he will be put down if we don't find a home soon!!) :yell: Why do people have to do that??!!!! how can you say you love your pet, when you post something like that!!! I so hate some people!!
http://oshawa.kijiji.ca/c-pets-cats-kittens-for-sale-In-Desperate-Need-of-a-Good-Home-Now-W0QQAdIdZ43320334

meg4050
March 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM
:wall: That's SO sad! Why put down?? Couldn't they atleast give him a chance in a rescue or shelter? :sad:

happycats
March 29th, 2008, 07:10 PM
:wall: That's SO sad! Why put down?? Couldn't they atleast give him a chance in a rescue or shelter? :sad:

No,they rely on petlovers to feel really bad or guilty, thats how they dump their pets.......how do they sleep at night!

meg4050
March 29th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I do feel really bad... :sad:

happycats
March 29th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I do feel really bad... :sad:

Exactly!!! It's amazing that "they" , the ones who have had him, and profess to love him don't!!:mad:

Frenchy
March 29th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Happycats , what are you still doing on kijiji :frustrated:

I see these adds all the time. :mad:

We love our pets BUT will have to put them down if we can't find a family ASAP

:wall:

happycats
March 29th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Happycats , what are you still doing on kijiji :frustrated:

I see these adds all the time. :mad:

I was looking for free "stuff" as in furniture, not animals, they have a separate section for animals.....:o.........honestly....:D
My SIL needs, some things. and I am looking for some things!!

Frenchy
March 29th, 2008, 07:39 PM
My SIL needs, some things. and I am looking for some things!!

Yes happycats , I believe you :rolleyes: :laughing:

those people do play with other's people hearts and they don't deserve to have animals ....

ancientgirl
March 29th, 2008, 09:18 PM
:loser: These people have no conscience! They don't love their pet.

If they don't want their pet anymore then they should take it to a rescue not just already decide he should be put down! And just where are they planning on doing this? I can't see any reputable vet taking the life of a perfectly healthy animal.

Love4himies
March 31st, 2008, 07:41 AM

My interpretation of having a "but" in the middle of a sentence is to disregard everything I said in this sentence prior to the "but".

How in the world do these people know how their cat is going to react to their baby????????

chico2
March 31st, 2008, 08:18 AM
OMG:sad:This beautiful white kitty was only a preparation for a"real"baby,never was a loved family-member.
They don't need him anymore he is disposable,killing him is not a big deal to these heartless creatures.:evil:

Lise
April 2nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
I'm so tired of people who regard any animal they have shared their life with as disposable.Not only dogs,cats.Parrots live a long time and are loud and messy(I love Hawk and Oscar,but I'm realistic They also ate a wooden window frame this morning)Peole don't care if they paid a few thousand after the novelty wears off dump them.Horses that give their all for their riders are sent to slaughter or if just abandoned.I have a beautiful standard bred mare who raced and gave her owners foals at the end left starving in a field.Another who was lucky enough to end up being placed with the refuge competed at Spruce Meadows and was even on their web site.The more I see of people the more I like my dog cat horse bird etc.

Purpledomino
April 2nd, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'm so tired of people who regard any animal they have shared their life with as disposable.Not only dogs,cats.Parrots live a long time and are loud and messy(I love Hawk and Oscar,but I'm realistic They also ate a wooden window frame this morning)Peole don't care if they paid a few thousand after the novelty wears off dump them.Horses that give their all for their riders are sent to slaughter or if just abandoned.I have a beautiful standard bred mare who raced and gave her owners foals at the end left starving in a field.Another who was lucky enough to end up being placed with the refuge competed at Spruce Meadows and was even on their web site.The more I see of people the more I like my dog cat horse bird etc.

OMG don't get me started about the horse slaughter issue. :wall: Proponents argue that without it we will have thousands of "unwanted" horses neglected and starving. How about taking responsibility for the animals in your care, and applying consequences for disregarding their welfare. Novel concept. Auction houses are an avenue for greedy and uncaring owners to dump their horses for a small profit...(often to the meatman) instead of doing the right thing such as euthanizing or rehoming their animals. And no...I don't buy it when they call horses "livestock". They are companion animals that are raised and trained as such. :offtopic:

I just read the other day that someone on Kijiji was selling a 1 1/2 year old dog that had already had two litters from her male. Someone else was selling a "breeder" that was already very well into her pregnancy. Sickening as it is, this stuff is out there...and no matter how many "educational" emails I write to these posters, there are more posted the very next day. I wish I could change the world......... :pray:

ancientgirl
April 2nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Sadly, there are many people in this world who think they are entitled to everything in it and don't have to worry about the next generation.

People who abuse and neglect animals are setting terrible examples for their children. It's in conceivable to me how a person can just let an animal starve. Just toss them outside and not think about them again. See the animals in some field or roaming around, after having been part of their life and just not caring! Look at what mankind has done to this planet. It's not just the natural resources that are being depleted, it's the living creatures who try to go about their lives.

People kill bears, and alligators and seals and such because they are on "their" property. What they don't realize it, it was the animals property first. Where are these animals to go when we've taken the land they used to roam? I live in Florida. There are people who live next to canals or near the Everglades, and you are constantly reading about some poor alligator who showed up on someone's lawn or in a swimming pool. Sadly many of these are killed because if they are taken out and placed into the Everglades they supposedly find their way back to civilization. Isn't that funny they would call this civilization? There's nothing civilized about where we live.

Sorry, I went :offtopic:but it makes me angry. I read stories like this and think about the people on this board. Many of us suffer from allergies to our own pets. Sneezing, coughing, asthma. Many have children, young children and children who have grown up with animals. So why can't other people do the same? Why throw away a pet because oh, now you're having a baby?

A friend of mine recently had her boyfriend move in with her. For several years her dogs slept on the bed with her. Now she has a boyfriend and he's allergic so the dogs are exiled from the bed. I'm sorry, I love sleeping with my cats. They bring me a sense of comfort I don't think even sharing my bed with another person would bring me. Anybody who wants to sleep with me has to share the bed with my cats. And if they are allergic, hey suck it up and take pills, I do!