cathy price
March 29th, 2008, 05:36 PM
just saying hello and looking for a small dog breeder of bision mix
I live in Toronto and would like to know if there is a breeder close to me
I just lost my dogs to an illness in Nov/07 and am looking now to get a new
dog. I still miss her very much

Rottielover
March 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM
If you are looking for a mix, rescue one..Go to petfinder, there are many dogs in need of homes there

14+kitties
March 29th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Welcome Cathy. Sorry for your loss. It's tough to lose a pet.
We aren't breeders here. If you are looking for a mix please do as Rottielover suggested and check out Petfinder. Or go to the shelters and pounds and rescues in your area. There are so many dogs and cats being euthanized on a daily basis.
Check them out! I am sure you will find your new pal soon. Then you can post pics here! We love pics. :D

SnowDancer
March 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Hi Cathy, I took a look at your profile because I also live in Toronto. Have you perhaps asked your vet if he/she knows of a dog needing a home that would be suitable for your living situation? Often vets know of dogs needing homes for a variety of reasons and if you are lucky your vet will have provided care for the dog in the past so will have some insight into his/her health. Personally, I would not look for a new puppy - I am nearly 58 and we got a 13 week old puppy in July, 2004 - the first dog we ever adopted that young - turned out to be quite the shocker! An American Eskimo with the jaws and claws of death. Before that our youngest was 6 months. I guess I am thinking that an adult dog might better suit your situation - that was my plan at the time. I am very sorry that you lost your dog in Nov., I know how hard that is. But there will be a dog out there looking to make a home with you. Please let us know when you find a dog.