Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lukka's vet checkup

Lukka'sma
March 28th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I took her in this morning and the vet did a thorough exam of her. Said she has lots of muscle mass in the surgery leg and when she was standing on all fours he lifted the good back leg off the table so all her back end weight was supported by the surgery leg. She didn't even flinch, so I guess the limping is going to get better with time:)
He is going to increase the catrophen injections to every six weeks for a while rather than every three months.
Although he also said some dogs just never get back to where they were prior to the injury, I hope Lukka is not one of them and this limping will get better over the next couple of months

Ford Girl
March 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Thats great news for Lukka!!! :highfive: Must be a relief for you too. :)

She will be all better in now time!! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Sounds like she got a great report. I'm sure it will just take a little time to get her back to 100%. At least she's not in pain.

hazelrunpack
March 28th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Maybe she's just afraid she'll hurt it again, so she's favoring it! :fingerscr

Good report, all in all! You must be relieved!

:goodvibes: for a 100% recovery, Lukka!!!!

14+kitties
March 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM
:grouphug:Great news Lukka!!! You go girl! Keep healing and you will be back to your old self soon.
Threadjack! Y'know, I have a kitty who broke her leg at 3 weeks. She healed fine (vet said she would) and there was no limp. I took her in a couple of weeks ago to get spayed. The little beggar was in the house with me until today and limped every day! Sympathy??? I think so. :) It worked! She got lots of lovin' :crazy:
Anyway - lots of :grouphug: and :highfive: to Lukka!!

chico2
March 28th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Hopefully she'll be 100%ok,she is just a young doggie.
I agree with Hazel,maybe Lukka remembers the pain and is afraid to use her leg too much.

TeriM
March 28th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Good news about Lukka :thumbs up.

krdahmer
March 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Great news:thumbs up... and more :goodvibes: for a full recovery!

Tommysmom
March 28th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Yay, good to hear Lukka's getting better and better!

russte
March 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
:thumbs up Yeah Whoo!! Kept a eye on you posts, Thats Good News!!

Winston
March 28th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Ah! thats great news! She will be better in no time!

Cindy

Frenchy
March 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM
That is good news , :fingerscr for a full recovery (which I think will happen , Lukka is a smart girl and is being careful with her leg :thumbs up)

~michelle~
March 28th, 2008, 10:28 PM
yey for lukka.... hope your beautiful girl gets back to her old self and in several month maybe her and logan can get together they can compare scars and talk sugery with one another like a llittle doggy support team

Love4himies
March 29th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I am so happy you got good news. Hopefully she is just a little scared to put weight on her leg and the limp will be gone once she realizes it is all better.

SnowDancer
March 29th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Wonderful news. I also agree that Lukka remembers the pain - certainly my Dachshunds did. The first guy, when about to have another episode - or even if he happened to step on something (other than an edible crumb) - would go and hide behind the toilet. Anything else he would immediately come to me for help - but nothing to do with legs/back. Lukka and I can take pain meds together - yesterday I was diagnosed with arthritis. Wonderful.

rainbow
April 1st, 2008, 03:39 AM
WOOO HOOO for Lukka. :highfive: