Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Frustrations through Freecycle

phoozles
March 28th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I came across this message in my local freecycle group (a group where people give away their stuff for free).. This woman was looking for a 'dog or cat house' ..

I had several kittens dropped of here in the fall and now 3 are
pregnant so I would like to get a dog house or two for them to have
kittens in and then I will have lots to share:)

:frustrated: How does that even happen?

The good thing about our freecycle is that animals are not allowed to be posted, so I have no idea what this woman is going to do with the many kittens she's going to suddenly have - that is, if the kittens that are birthing them don't have any problems.. :mad:

Hollygirl
March 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Hi Phoozles, all I can say is "People are so stupid!" We have a big problem in my town with abandoned cats, not feral. People, who think they are doing good "rescue" these cats. However, they really only provide some food. They can't afford or don't want to put the money out to vaccinate and spay or neuter. The cats are allowed to roam only to have litter after litter. They refuse to take the cats and kittens to the SPCA because "that would be cruel" yet, the cats they think they are helping are neglected, sick, underweight and underfed.

ancientgirl
March 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Those poor babies having babies now.:sad:

People are just so incredibly uneducated as well as stupid. Years ago, my cousin had a beautiful Cocker Spaniel. She refused to have her spayed because she thought it would hurt her to operate her. The only good thing was any time someone asked her if they could breed their dog with hers, she'd say no because she didn't want to put her dog through the pain of having puppies.

What she didn't want to hear was, how much more healthy her dog would have been, not only that, but she'd never have to worry about her getting out and becoming pregnant. Someone stole the dog from her yard, and I hope whoever took her didn't put her through pregnancy and had her spayed.

14+kitties
March 28th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Disgusting. That's as bad as Kijiji. Lots to share? Yeah, so in other words it will end up being someone elses problem. :frustrated:

phoozles
March 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Hi Phoozles, all I can say is "People are so stupid!" We have a big problem in my town with abandoned cats, not feral. People, who think they are doing good "rescue" these cats. However, they really only provide some food. They can't afford or don't want to put the money out to vaccinate and spay or neuter. The cats are allowed to roam only to have litter after litter. They refuse to take the cats and kittens to the SPCA because "that would be cruel" yet, the cats they think they are helping are neglected, sick, underweight and underfed.

That's ridiculous - people that 'help' like that would do society better by not doing anything at all. They can sit on their morals all the want, just as long as they do it in their own houses and leave the stray cat situation to those that really want to make a difference!

phoozles
March 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Disgusting. That's as bad as Kijiji. Lots to share? Yeah, so in other words it will end up being someone elses problem. :frustrated:

I know - it was the 'lots to share' comment that drove me the most nuts - three pregnant kittens giving birth - she'll definitely have lots - if one accidentally got pregnant - well, that's carelessness, but manageable - but 3?! :yell: