Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

older dog starting to deficate in house just in the last 24 hours

susan b
March 27th, 2008, 07:26 PM
We have had our female 5 year Siberian for just a few months she has adjusted well to the other 2 dogs - both boys and up until yesterday has always asked to go out for her business. We take them for long walks and plenty of outside time but she has pooped 3 times in the last 24 hours in the house and she knows it is wrong by her behaviour but I am lost as to why this would start now. Could separation anxiety rear its head at this point after 2 months? We are going to have her tested for worms but my concern is this a problem for the breed? This incidents have occured when we are home and out of the room but she is doing this on her own blanket not the rest of the house.:shrug:

Any help with this would be greatfully appreciated

Thanks
this is an awesome site for all us pet lovers
Sue

Hollygirl
March 27th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hi Sue, are her stools normal not loose? Any changes in her diet lately?

Frenchy
March 27th, 2008, 07:53 PM
but she is doing this on her own blanket not the rest of the house.:shrug:

Same question here , any change in her diet ? How are her stools ? It is weird that she does it on her blanket (one of my dog has sometimes accidents but it's usually in front of the door , like he was waiting for someone to let him out but I wasn't home) but still , you have to rule out any possible health issues.