Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Corgi's stolen in Edison NJ

corgpinmom
March 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM
My 2 pembroke Welsh corgis were stolen out of my Locked truck in Edison NJ after the dog shows - I had stopped to get something to eat at Harolds Deli after the shows - was in the deli about 45 minutes truck locked . When we returned to the truck the crate and the 2 dogs were gone - Please help me find them - 1 male and 1 female = male microchipped female not - they are red/white - Answer to Sammy and Daddy warbucks - I want my babies back - no questions asked just the dogs back - any info please e mail me
- Sammy is a little shy -
I want my babies back safe - daddy warbucks is 2 sammy is 1

badger
March 26th, 2008, 12:08 AM
How devastating. What can you say about the lowlifes who would do this, that is printable I mean. I suspect the moderators will delete your email addy (rules). People can post here if they have any information. Are your dogs intact?
Pictures would help.
Good luck to you :fingerscr:fingerscr:pray:

SARAH
March 26th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Some people ....

You couldn't see the truck from inside the deli? Wow, and I make sure I can see the car even without animals left inside it!

No, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have ANY fault here, I mean a locked truck and dogs in a crate, who would even think!! It's just me being overly protective ever since kids thought it fun to steal my school bag when I was 8 ...

:fingerscr you get your dogs back!

clm
March 26th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Are your dogs intact?
Pictures would help.
Good luck to you :fingerscr:fingerscr:pray:

If they're show dogs, it's likely they are intact.
I really hope you get them back.

Cindy

nyc0315
March 28th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I was so happy to read that the corgis are now back safe and sound. When I saw the story on the local news last weekend, I was heartbroken - I am absolutely nuts over corgis and I was just so sad and followed the story every day hoping to hear good news. Thank goodness this ended well and the corgis are now back home.

Elizabeth Ann
March 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM
More details would be nice. I love hearing about happy endings.

dmc123
March 28th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I was so happy to read that the corgis are now back safe and sound. When I saw the story on the local news last weekend, I was heartbroken - I am absolutely nuts over corgis and I was just so sad and followed the story every day hoping to hear good news. Thank goodness this ended well and the corgis are now back home.

Where did you read they were rescued?

Diane

corgpinmom
March 29th, 2008, 07:26 AM
My babeis are home - They were taken to a Newark NJ humane shelter on wed - The story from the people who droppend them off is a little fishy - supposedly the lady had them for 5 days and could not keep them - well they were only missing for 4 heart wrenching days - The SPCA told us that they were found wondering the streets of Newark - also not possilbe - they were clean and together.

I got them back becasue I hit the media hard - and we hit the internet and flyers went out - then I contacted a group called Rescue Ink - out of NY great guys - they are for animals - I e mailed them tue night and wed morning they called me - they took the info about the gps that was stolen and hit the pavement in the Jersey aera - they contacted people who buy stolen gps and told them that I had better get my dogs back or they would not be in business long. - They are great - by 2 that afternoon my babies were at the shelter - we got the call around 3 and headed up to Jersey - the shelter stayed open till we got there - Daddy Warbucks and Sammy are a little stressed but the vet says physically they are fine - Daddy Warbucks seems to have lost a little weight - :)

Love4himies
March 29th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Wahoo, that is great news. Your hard work to find them has paid off! They are home where they belong. Ummm, can we see pictures:D, we love pictures.;)

Love4himies
March 29th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Well, wonder how they explained the missing crates out of your truck????

chico2
March 29th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Aww,a happy ending,great news:thumbs up

nyc0315
March 29th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Yes, we'd love to see pictures :thumbs up. Again, wonderful news that the sweeties are back home safe. Sounds like the media did a good job keeping the story in the spotlight and hastening their return. Many corgi hugs and kisses to them!

corgpinmom
March 29th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I tried to upload pics - but they are all to large - If you go to www.starledger.com and check out the stories from the mar 24th - there ar pics of my babies - or wabc.com has them also - type in stolen show dogs and they will come up.:sorry:

SolaMio
March 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM
There are a few stories I think. Here is the one with the pictures.
So glad your dogs were returned safely to you :cloud9:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/03/2_stolen_dogs_returned_to_newa.html

Love4himies
March 29th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Your dogs are beautiful but 2 pictures are such a teaser, we need more:D.

corgpinmom
March 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Tomorrow - Monday the 31st fox 5 NY is doing a story on the group of guys responsible for the return of my babies - they are a great group - Supposed to have more pics of my babies on also - supposed to tell there story and how they found them.

Love4himies
March 30th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Jim would you get that channel in NJ? If so, are you able to watch it and give us a summary? I would love to see it, but we don't get that channel:sad:

nyc0315
March 30th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Oh great, is it going to be on the morning show? I'll really try to catch it.