Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

any info would be great

the gang
March 25th, 2008, 09:46 PM
as you all know i have 5 min pins all rescues---- as of a week ago dakota went in for surgey!!!!!! abcess on his anual gland, my little superman, poor little man has gone from chrystals to being parillzed, and as of oct /07 now a diabect i think he is going blind im very sad :confused: he has a grey tint on 1 eye and gets a bit spooked, he will be 10 in nov. im talking him in again the middle of april they will check a. glands and his readings for his sugars, i dont want to make a mistake this time if his quilty of life is not there i m ready to say good bye, no im not !!!! but if i have too i will,has any body out there had a blind dog, info would be great brenda and the pins

hazelrunpack
March 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
We had a little dog when I was a kid. She lived till 18 and for at least the last 5 years was blind from cataracts. As long as we didn't move the furniture, she did fine in the house. She even still chased (or tried to chase since she wasn't very fast by then) rabbits in the yard--she must have been doing that by scent.