Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Friendly Rottweiler: Sally ( 5 years old)

Chepaw89
March 25th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I am very happy to report that Sally is back to us now that after 3 days, she was found some 10 km away. She was so happy to see us and she seems 3 years older. I hope that she can recover soon.

I want to thank you all for kind help and comforting words. I relied on these to get though the tough time.

I guess this thread should be close now and I will start to read about Dog health and training.

luckypenny
March 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM
There is a female Rottie at the Toronto Humane Society. Any chance it's her?

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/lostandfound/petharbor_dogs.asp

luckypenny
March 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry, I just saw your "lost" ad there. They do not look alike :sad: .

luckypenny
March 25th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Here are also all the branches of the Ontario SPCA (not the same organization as the Toronto Humane Society if Im not mistaken).

http://www.ontariospca.ca/8-branch.shtml

Wishing you and Sally are reunited soon :fingerscr .

Chepaw89
March 25th, 2008, 07:52 PM
It was not Sally. This is a younger Rottweiler mix.
Thank you for your kind reply anyway.:thumbs up

Chepaw89
March 25th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Here are also all the branches of the Ontario SPCA (not the same organization as the Toronto Humane Society if Im not mistaken).

http://www.ontariospca.ca/8-branch.shtml

Wishing you and Sally are reunited soon :fingerscr .

I went on this link, do you suggest I post about Sally in all of them?

SIL
March 25th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Chepaw89...I saw your post in the Humane society's website, I'm sorry about Sally...I know how you feel, we lost Billie over 10 months ago. Did you contact the shelters? They don't work together with the Humane society, their website is...

http://www.toronto.ca/animal_services/centres.htm

There is also a shelter and a Humane Society in Mississauga and a shelter in Brampton.:fingerscr

Chepaw89
March 26th, 2008, 12:40 AM
We did go to the Animal Shelter as you stated in your link and registered there. They told us that all the 4 places are linked with each other. That means we only need to contact one, right?
Did you ever get back Billie? How do you cope? Life is so hard without Sally. She was so sweet.
My biggest worry is that she is taken, so she will not be showing up at any shelter.

SIL
March 26th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Chepaw89...unfortunately we are still looking for Billie, here's her link

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=40979

The kind people in this site have helped me cope...there are a few that have been looking for their pets longer than I have and haven't given up hope...that keeps me going. Billie is still a part of our family and I can't give up, especially for the sake of my kids who miss her terribly. We think someone has Billie, that is why she hasn't shown up on any shelters.
You can also contact the Etobicoke Humane Society and any rottweiler rescues in the area.
Good luck...:fingerscr

SARAH
March 26th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Try the police too maybe?

Lost pets is bad enough, but stolen?! Why are people so cruel :loser:

Love4himies
March 26th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I would not trust the shelters to share info, a lot are volunteers and are very busy. I would take it the time to contact each shelter every day and also to visit. Wouldn't want your dog to slip through the cracks.

Chepaw89
March 26th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Try the police too maybe?

Lost pets is bad enough, but stolen?! Why are people so cruel :loser:

We did report to the police the 1st night. They have no resources to go looking for a dog, unless we have evidence, such as somebody saw it. We sent a letter to the neighbors, unfortunately, no body saw anything. My heart is bleeding: 3rd night without her now!

Chepaw89
March 27th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I went on your thread, there is a photo of Billie, What a nice dog. My heart bleeds with you. I totally agree with you that hope and pray make us go on. :fingerscr & :pray:

Our Rottweiler - Sally got back to us today! We are so delighted. She was found some 10 km away from home. The Animal Control office in Downtown Toronto called us. For 3 days, we could not eat or sleep. However, She seems to be well fed. However, we can tell the trauma on her, she seems 3 years older in 3 days.

Thank you for your kind help to me.
Take care of yourself, when Billie comes home, he wants to see a strong and happy Mom.

badger
March 28th, 2008, 12:40 AM
MORE good news.
I'm so glad Sally has been found, you must be so relieved.

SIL
March 28th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Chepaw89...I was looking at the Humane Society's website and noticed that Sally's picture wasn't there. I immediately came to this post, I'm really really glad she found her way home.:thumbs up:clap:
Thanks for your comments on Billie...we're also hoping for a happy ending.

shirley1011
March 28th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah...another happy ending...I am so happy to read you found her.
Gives us all hope.

Love4himies
March 29th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Wow, 10 km away. Any story behind finding her, was she in a shelter or was she still roaming trying to find her way home?

So glad you found her.

Chepaw89
March 29th, 2008, 10:36 PM
One morning, some dog walker found Sally sitting there all by herself. Sally still have her collar and tags, so she used her cell to phone Animal Control. Animal Control office called us at home and connceted our home phone with that cell phone. We agreed on that public park to meet and transfer the dog.

This lady did not accept any money from us, so we delivered some flowers and chocolates.

We were all so happy!

hazelrunpack
March 29th, 2008, 10:41 PM
What great news, Chewpaw89! :grouphug:s for you and Sally--and for her :angel: that found her and returned her to you!

Love4himies
March 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
What an :angel: she was. How kind of you to show your appreciation by sending her chocolates and flowers.

I love happy endings.