Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Could Maks be insecure?

ancientgirl
March 24th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I've noticed lately that Maks seems to demand more attention than the others.

I always give them each their own attention. Whether it be playing with them or petting them or brushing them. Everybody gets their own time. Then the rest of the time, they're either sleeping or playing.

I've noticed that if I'm giving say Oksana attention, like petting her or brushing her, Maks will come from wherever he is and get between us, or he'll rub his face on Oksana.

When I give treats he gets in front of whoever I'm trying to give a treat to, and rubs his face on them.

I'm wondering if he might feel insecure. Does anybody have a kitty that acts like this?

14+kitties
March 24th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Me! Me! :laughing: I have 16 of them. :rolleyes: It's called - no, you can't pay attention to them, it's my turn!! I don't think it's insecurity. I think it's a little of the green eyed monster. JMO

ancientgirl
March 24th, 2008, 06:53 PM
:laughing: And boy does he ever know how to make me feel guilty too. But I can't stop giving one attention just to pet him, especially after he's had his time.

Winston
March 24th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I think they all try that game eh! Hes just a silly kitty!

Cindy

Love4himies
March 26th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Just a normal kitty, that wants what the other kitty is getting too. Can't blame him, though, sounds like they get lots of the good stuff:lovestruck:.

ancientgirl
March 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I can deal with that. He doesn't like being carried, but he loves a good pet any time anywhere.

krdahmer
March 26th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I think that when a pet is sick and they get extra attention for a bit, they kind of get extra specially attached to you. I know that is the case here with Fagan, ever since he started with his injuries and allergies, he's kinda been my special guy, he follows me everywhere, always likes to just be near me, not always for attention per se, but more like he likes the security of being with me. And like Maks he just likes to get in on the action when one of the others is getting pets etc, just to be included, even if it's just sitting next to me on the bed while I pet someone else. If I remember correctly Maks had a pretty shakey start too, so maybe he's just really attached to you and the others from the sound of it (rubbing his face on them- how cute!)!:lovestruck:

Dracko
March 27th, 2008, 12:01 AM
My Ginkgo is like that although not as bad as she used to be. No aggression, just always appears out of the blue if I'm talking or playing with one of the other cats.

Dracko my GSD has started to do that, too. When I'm talking sweetly to one of the cats in bed in the morning he'll try to stick his face so he's in between me and the cat.

I think it's just a behavioral thing some go through.

ancientgirl
March 27th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I think that when a pet is sick and they get extra attention for a bit, they kind of get extra specially attached to you. I know that is the case here with Fagan, ever since he started with his injuries and allergies, he's kinda been my special guy, he follows me everywhere, always likes to just be near me, not always for attention per se, but more like he likes the security of being with me. And like Maks he just likes to get in on the action when one of the others is getting pets etc, just to be included, even if it's just sitting next to me on the bed while I pet someone else. If I remember correctly Maks had a pretty shakey start too, so maybe he's just really attached to you and the others from the sound of it (rubbing his face on them- how cute!)!:lovestruck:

That makes a lot of sense. He really did have a rough start, what with his skin condition and the dips. He's a skittish little guy, but he's easily one of my most affectionate kitties. What he went through could very well have made him just want to be close to everyone. He's always cuddling up with one of the gang.