Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Info about Microchipping-need some advice!

Corrie
March 23rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
I run a fundrasing Westie Walk every year in Toronto and I was thinking of offering a booth this year for Micro-chipping your Westie!

Does anyone know of an Ontario company that I could contact about attending our walk and micro-chipping any Westies that need it????? Thought it would be a win-win for all...the comapny get some new business and we keep our Westies a bit safer!

Any info you have would be appreciated!

Corrie and her little Westie, Charlotte

dustybird
March 23rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Microchipping is great, I had my cat's done 7 and 8 yrs ago and no problems and the company the chips are from is still in service...unlike a lot of others. There was another company that went bankrupt about 5yrs ago and AVID took all of their accounts so the chips would still be active and people could still find their pets.

http://www.avidcanada.com/pettrac.html

Is the place that my pets chips came from(my vet did it). They have been around a long time, customer service is great, change of address is free you just call them.

I would talk to your vet about it and see if they can give you say a number for their AVID rep or contact the company through the website. I don't know if you have to be a vet or tech to implant the chips. If not inserted properly they can slip out, we had that happen at the clinic once as I assume it wasn't implanted far enough under the skin(or wherever it exactly goes).