Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

juveinille spaying question

akayladog
March 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
hello all i have a question about juveinille spaying. our vet recomended having our dog spayed as soon as possible with new advancements in animal medicine. one of the side effects is that they might not be able to control their bladder (incontanice) it think. our dog is about 4 months old and she is a pure breed siberian husky. we were also wondering about essential hormones that will be lost after the spaying. not to sure what to do?

rainbow
March 23rd, 2008, 01:39 PM
The last female siberian husky we had was spayed at six months and we never had any problems. :shrug:

MIA
March 23rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Having been involved in rescue for many years I have done MANY spays and never had a problem with an early spay, I have done pups to old ladies! LOL If spay incontinence happens it can happen at any age really and there is treatment available and it's rarely permanent.

kashtin's kin
March 24th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I've heard that earlier spays have been the more 'the norm' in Europe for a while now; I've be getting my critters (feral cats, mostly) spayed earlier than I would have a few years ago, and haven't had any problem. Hope things go well!