Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rhayn update!!

Horsey Mom
March 23rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
We wanted to thank everyone for the support, ideas and prayers. Rhayn is holding her own, doing better and *looks* to be fighting whatever is ailing her. We still are not sure, but she IS reacting positively to the prednisone we decided to put her on (it was that or a bone marrow tap), so hopefully (fingers crossed) it is either a bad reaction to teh vaccinations she had in Jan or Auto immune disease. These we can treat, cancer is a dead end road.

Now, my next question this. Rhayn is loosing condition even though her appetite is good and she is eatting well. I'm thinking it is a combo of the Antibiotics she's on and the pred that is making her not feel 100% and the antibiotics are doing a number on her gut bacteria. Is there anything out there for dogs to help their gut bacteria, like a pro/prebiotic?? Or would yogurt be just as good??

Thanks again everyone! We got into the vet again tomorrow for blood work to see if things are improving! :fingerscr

MOOSEDRY
March 23rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
hi there. so happy to hear that your baby is doing better. i'm a cat person, so i'm afraid i can't offer any advice, just support and empathy!

take care and let us know how your little one is doing.

tracy :thumbs up