Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

He won't... GO.

Chibi
March 23rd, 2008, 01:49 AM
My biggest problem house training Guinness is getting him to... Finish Up. I can get him to pee outside fairly easy, but even after I feed him, tootsie rolls do not happen like clockwork.
Sometimes it is 15 minutes after he eats. Sometimes half an hour, sometimes a little more.

It's been 5 hours! I was watching him all night, but I scouted all around just in case I missed accident - I moved the sofas, the chairs, checked under my bookcase.

Why won't he GO?

I tried crating him and trying every 15 minutes after every failed attempt. But after hours of him being stuck in there I gave up, because he just wasn't pooping!

I know you have to go Guinness. Just do it. I want to go to bed. :pray:

Kristin7
March 23rd, 2008, 06:41 AM
:laughing: sorry to hear... did he ever go? I think he is too young to walk outside but exercise can help move things along. Try playing with him inside for a bit, maybe that will help?

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2008, 06:52 AM
:laughing: A doggie that goes on command!! Wow! I want one of those please :D
Me thinks you are worrying too much my dear. Sometimes dogs just don't have to go. :shrug: Had he already gone once today? You can't expect instant results every time you take him out. Relax, enjoy your puppy!!

Harley's_Mom
March 23rd, 2008, 07:11 AM
When we first got Harley he was pooping all the time but very quickly settled into a routine of twice a day. It was nice cause you could almost set your watch by him....lol. After we switched his food he's now down to once a day. Could it be that maybe Guinness' BMs are slowing down?

Winston
March 23rd, 2008, 07:43 AM
Dont laugh! 14+ Kitties! Winston goes on command! We taught him this in his first obediance puppy class! If we say "go do your duties!" he will poop! Or we say "Go Pee-pee!" he goes pee! It works 100% of the time with DH but only about 75% of the time with me! (Im not always the Alpha!)

Winston was not always on schedule for going to the wash room but for sure he was on time when he first woke up in the morning! had to rush him outside or he would go pee right away!

Good luck

Cindy

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
I'm not really laughing Winston. My dog goes pee on command too. I was just saying maybe the puppy just didn't have enough in his bowels to go???? :shrug:
How old is the puppy now? It takes some time to develop routines.