Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buster's started drooling

BusterBoo
March 22nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
So, hopefully I am worrying for nothing, but Buster (2 yr old tzu/bichon) has started drooling. It's only happened a couple of times and it is always at dinner time, when there are bread crusts (his "treat") on the table.

He is eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, sleeping and playing the same as normal. It's just those little spit bubbles on the floor that worry me...:shrug:

Harley used to drool when he went to the Vet's and I chalked that up to nerves, but there is nothing Buster has to be nervous of. Nothing has changed in our daily lifestyle.

Should I be worried or am i over-reacting???

clm
March 22nd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Nothing to worry about. He's just salivating thinking about those tasty treats.

Cindy

duttypaws
March 22nd, 2008, 05:33 PM
yep he wants your food!

Dr Lee
March 22nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
What are you cooking? Can we come over? :crazy:

BusterBoo
March 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
What are you cooking? Can we come over? :crazy:

Well, it wasn't anything I could feed Buster :goodvibes:

Glad to hear everyone thinks it's just a drooling doggie!

I promise to stop worrying for nothing......I promise to stop worrying for nothing.....I promise to stop worrying for nothing.....I promise to stop worrying for nothing :D

duttypaws
March 22nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
Well, it wasn't anything I could feed Buster :goodvibes:

Glad to hear everyone thinks it's just a drooling doggie!

I promise to stop worrying for nothing......I promise to stop worrying for nothing.....I promise to stop worrying for nothing.....I promise to stop worrying for nothing :D

lol if it was all the time i would say maybe he has sore teeth or something but well drooling at the table my first dog when i was a kid was famous for that... cos he wanted the roast chicken!!! :rip:Maxie

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Ember drools so bad when he's waiting for dinner that he's been known to blow spit bubbles that slip off his lips and rappel down slime ropes to the floor ... :laughing: Ya gotta love the enthusiasm with which :dog:s greet food, eh?

BusterBoo
March 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
ok, glad I am not the only one with this issue but.....

I have always thought it was just "big" dogs that drooled (St Bernards, Newfs etc)....and Buster weighs all of 17 lbs. So, now that he is 2 yrs old he starts drooling???? :shrug:

hazelrunpack
March 22nd, 2008, 08:40 PM
I have always thought it was just "big" dogs that drooled (St Bernards, Newfs etc)....and Buster weighs all of 17 lbs. So, now that he is 2 yrs old he starts drooling???? :shrug:

He thought you'd suffered long enough without it and didn't want to deprive you any longer. :dog: Always looking out for his mommy! :thumbs up

A house is not a home without a little drool (says hazel, flicking an errant strand of slime from her chin and wiping some spittle from the computer screen.)

:D Besides, Buster's gotten in touch with his inner gourmand!

luckypenny
March 22nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
I worried when I read the title for this thread :o .

Silly Buster getting Mommy all paranoid :laughing: .

Penny only started drooling about 4-5 months ago and she's nearly 2 now so I guess it can be delayed in some dogs :shrug: . And we just noticed that Lucky started drooling as well if he has to wait too long for his food. He's over 3.

rainbow
March 22nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Bad boy Buster :evil: .....stressing out Mommy like that. :D

Ford Girl
March 24th, 2008, 01:08 PM
ok, glad I am not the only one with this issue but.....

Nope, not the only one. :D LOL! The longer they wait, the more it flows. :laughing: I think you need to take some pictures so we can see the drool, just to be safe. :D