Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Weigh in

ancientgirl
March 22nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
I took Vlad for his monthly weigh in. I still haven't been able to get a scale for them, but I need to monitor his weight. I decided to take the entire gang. Which means I had to make 2 trips.

Vlad and Oksana went first. Vlad is steady at 18 pounds. That's what he weighed last month, so I was happy he hadn't gained any weight. Oksana is up to 10 pounds. The last time I took her in was about 2 months ago and she was at 8 pounds. I'll keep monitoring her weight too, since I don't want her gaining too much because she's a small kitty. At least Vlad is a big cat so he really doesn't look fat, but she can't have that much weight on her.

Maks and Kiska were next. Maks is at 8 pounds and Kiska is up to 7.5. I knew they had gained a few pounds since I can feel it when I pick them up. The little ones are growing steadily.

I had to laugh though. When I gave the vet tech, Vlad I said "Be careful." he asked me who he had and I told him it was Vlad and that the carrier weighed 2.5 pounds. I could see his expression change. When he came back and told me his weight, he said "He weighs 20.5 pounds. I couldn't get him out of the carrier and frankly I was a little scared.":laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

My poor misunderstood Vlad, he really is a gentle kitty, unless you're wearing a vet tech uniform.