Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My collie needs a bride

zara
June 21st, 2004, 12:19 PM
Ray, our sable rough collie (purebreed ckc registered) is looking for an equal wife to have puppies. I am not looking for a commercial breeding partner. My kids and i just so desperate to have Ray's pups....unfortunately my husband don't let us buy a female for him. All I need is just one pups from Ray...if anybody can help me out... pls pls pls contact me at . We are in Ontario, Canada.

cutelittlemako
June 21st, 2004, 12:27 PM
Oh my god, you are SO in the wrong place for this - i'm not even going to get started on this!

sammiec
June 21st, 2004, 12:30 PM
LMAO!!! Let the war of words begin... oh lady, you're in for a WORLD of trouble LMAO!!!!!

I suggest that you post somewhere else...

LavenderRott
June 21st, 2004, 12:37 PM
Oh, how I so wish that I could have a carbon copy of my dog too.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

The partial list of genetic problems common in the rough coated collie is as follows:

Collie Eye Anomaly
Thyroid problems
Dermatomyositis
Hip Dysplsia
Elbow problems
Sub Aortic Stenosis

A couple of these can kill, SAS often kills with no warning at all. A couple more of these can cripple even a young dog. I know of a dog that just turned a year old and without $10,000 worth of surgery, this dog will not be able to walk in 6 months.

There is considerably more to breeding then just being registered. With 96,694 dogs listed on petfinder this morning, it is pretty selfish to have a litter of 6-12 puppies so that you can have one.

Find a GOOD breeder. Don't just breed for your own pup.

mona_b
June 21st, 2004, 12:38 PM
are you serious????????????

Let me start.... :mad:

Is your dog a show dog?Does he have any titles...Do you know his pedigree?Has he been health and genetic tested?Does he have a OVC or OFA certificate?Are you a member of any dog clubs of your breed?

As a long time member of the CKC,and you have answered no to these questions,then you have NO right to breed.NO licenced responsible breeder would want your dog to stud.

Luba
June 21st, 2004, 01:20 PM
Improper breeding of collies specifically can cause severe and horrible abnormalities.

As a collie owner you should know that they are prone to eye problems and digetive problems. Improper breeding lines increase the risk for that as well as blindness and hip displasia, heart defects and like my collie an undershot jaw costing thousands of dollars in dental surgery.

IF you want YOUR collie to be a stud dog then contact BREEDERS!

cmt489
June 21st, 2004, 01:20 PM
I don't know but this one smells like it might be a hoax to me.... Someone reading all the other posts and seeing if he/she can get a reaction..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Michelle

Lucky Rescue
June 21st, 2004, 01:35 PM
Please read the rules. No soliciting for breeding partners on this board. Thread locked.