Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Science of Dogs, on National Geographi

ancientgirl
March 21st, 2008, 06:36 PM
Oh boy am I pissed. Here I am really enjoying this program when the narrator goes and says something so biased and wrong I had to yell at the TV!

They were talking about how for instance, Labs are pre-disposed to love jumping in water, Border Collies are habitual herders, Terriers will dig and Pit Bulls will always go after other dogs!

WTH?:mad:

Love4himies
March 23rd, 2008, 07:38 AM
OMG, they said that!! Wonder if they are going to get sued by a pit bull organization. That is just the same as saying all natives are addicts, all african americans are criminals, etc., etc. What a bunch of horse$hit!

ancientgirl
March 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Yes, I was kind of taken aback. I mean what a biased statement. It left a bad taste in my mouth that they would go along with all of the unfounded garbage all over the media. It's obvious they didn't do their research.

pitgrrl
March 23rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Can I ask what, more precisely, the context was of the show saying that APBT are predisposed to dog aggression?

Was it more of a "satan beast will eat your yorkiepoo if given half a chance" type statement or more along the lines of "great dogs, do lots of awesome things, but you should know they're often dog aggressive to some degree"?

ancientgirl
March 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
The comment was pit bulls are predisposed to attacking other dogs, and they were showing two pit bulls fighting.

It was a stupid comment and considering all of the bad press Pit bulls already get, I was really surprised they would say something like that.