Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello There

Elizabeth Ann
March 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Hi there, My name is Elizabeth Ann.

I live in Burlington Ontario and I have three dogs.

Tonka (our newest addition) is a 1 1/2 year old male American Cocker
Gizmo is a 3 year old bright (to bright for his own good) Shih Tzu
and last but not lease Eddie, a 12 year old female American Cocker.

We are fostering Tonka from a breeder in Southern Ontario. Our breeder wanted to keep him as a stud but was not able to give him the one on one time that he deserves.

I rec'd Gizmo from a couple in BC that had three dogs (including him) and three cats in a one bedroom condo. He was attacking the other dogs and chacing the cats. He also needed more one on one time.

Eddie was my boyfriends dog well before I met him. She is litter box trained which is handy since she has recently gone blind. Poor old girl. But this blindness has taken a little bit of the mean streak out of her. She used to be a bit of a bitch (sorry for the pun) but now that she is blind she is just as much as a suck as the boys.

anyways - that is the story of my little puppy children whom I love with all my heart (I don't have human children).

I am hoping to learn a lot from this site.

want4rain
March 21st, 2008, 12:52 PM
welcome to pets.ca!! we sure would like to see some pictures.... and you have enough posts to add attachments.... call it a hazing. you cant *really* be a member until you post pictures!!! (just kidding!! :laughing:)

hope you find the place warm and comfy!

-ashley

Elizabeth Ann
March 21st, 2008, 01:04 PM
I have never been able to figure out how to post pictures on forums. Advise would be welcome and I love to share pictures of my babies.

Frenchy
March 21st, 2008, 01:26 PM
We are fostering Tonka from a breeder in Southern Ontario. Our breeder wanted to keep him as a stud but was not able to give him the one on one time that he deserves.

Hi and welcome to pets.ca. I'm not sure I understand , you're fostering a dog for a breeder ?

Elizabeth Ann
March 21st, 2008, 02:09 PM
Hi and welcome to pets.ca. I'm not sure I understand , you're fostering a dog for a breeder ?

Yes. She wants to keep him for Breeding but she felt with his temperament he needed more of a home environment rather then a kennel. He is a very big suck, and honestly not the brightest star in the sky (but that's one of the things I love about him most). Because of that he was at the bottom of the totem pole and the other dogs were picking on him.

He was very shy when we went to meet him the first time. He wouldn't even come to Kelly (the breeder) or his husband. I sat on the floor and he came right up to me and gave me a huge kiss. Kelly said that Tonka had never come up to some one so quickly, and had never kissed anyone. She gave him to us that day.

FancyAppy
March 21st, 2008, 02:26 PM
Welcome...you have a fine family. I do not have children either and consider my pets, all 21 of them, to be my family. I would love seeing pics when you can post them. but till then tell us more about your furchildren.

Tommysmom
March 21st, 2008, 03:02 PM
Welcome aboard, neighbour! We're from Burlington, too:).

SARAH
March 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Yes. She wants to keep him for Breeding but she felt with his temperament he needed more of a home environment rather then a kennel. He is a very big suck, and honestly not the brightest star in the sky (but that's one of the things I love about him most). Because of that he was at the bottom of the totem pole and the other dogs were picking on him.

He was very shy when we went to meet him the first time. He wouldn't even come to Kelly (the breeder) or her husband. I sat on the floor and he came right up to me and gave me a huge kiss. Kelly said that Tonka had never come up to some one so quickly, and had never kissed anyone. She gave him to us that day.

Ah, he sounds sweet! What I can't understand though, is why a breder would keep a "runt" as a future stud. Normally it would be the brighter puppy, with personality (balanced of course) you'd expect to be chosen?

Looking forward to pics when you can!

First: downsize them so they are accepted by the forum program.
Second: click on the "manage attachments" button below the submit area on the post.
Third: click on browse and pick the photo you downsized (I have a file called "pets.ca pics" so I find the smaller pics easily) and double click on the pic to get it into the bowser window.
Fourth: add two more and click Submit Reply.
Fifth: start over for 3 more pics (max allowed per post)

Elizabeth Ann
March 22nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
Question,

In order for me to post pictures do I need to have them stored some where on the internet first?

I hit the Insert Image bottom and it's asking for a URL code.

I just noticed that under the "Posting Rules" box it shows this;
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

Shabby
March 22nd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Hey Elizabeth Ann, WELCOME to pets.ca!!! We're so glad you can join us and hope you'll enjoy everything this site and all your new friends have to offer.

Looking forward to seeing photos and hearing more about your pet family! :thumbs up

Elizabeth Ann
March 23rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
First one is Eddie, Second one is Gizmo and the Third is Tonka

duttypaws
March 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
hello welcome :D gorgeous doggys :)

Elizabeth Ann
March 23rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
Eddie (the black and white one) just went blind about three months ago. I was so upset and cried for about three hours with the poor little girl in my arms. I think it was harder for me then it was on her.